Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call
Author Message
 Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

Is there anyway that I can print Crystal Reports without using ActiveX
control or Crystal Reports API?  I have a procedure in a .bas file that's
trying to print it.  I know I can use the API calls but I wanted a simpler
way.  Something like

Dim cCrystalReport as CrystalReport
set cCrystalReport = New CrystalReport

Is there any way?

THanks in advnace.

Simon

Sat, 10 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

Hi, Simon.

You can use code just as you have listed in the newest version of Crystal
Reports, 6.0.  A new way to call reports is using the Automation Server.
Some example code:

'Declare the Crystal Application Object that will be used for this
application
Private CR_Application As CRPEAuto.Application
'Declare the Crystal Report object that will be used for the report
Private CR_Report As CRPEAuto.Report

Set CR_Application = CreateObject("Crystal.CRPE.Application")
Set CR_Report = CR_Application.OpenReport(App.Path & "\shell.rpt")

--
Seasons Greetings,
Jonathan

Please do not respond directly to this post via email.
Send any email questions to our email support groups as
listed in your Help | About window from Crystal Reports.

For our Knowledge Base on the Web, visit
http://www.seagatesoftware.com/crystalreports/techsupp/

Quote:

>Is there anyway that I can print Crystal Reports without using ActiveX
>control or Crystal Reports API?  I have a procedure in a .bas file that's
>trying to print it.  I know I can use the API calls but I wanted a simpler
>way.  Something like

>Dim cCrystalReport as CrystalReport
>set cCrystalReport = New CrystalReport

>Is there any way?

>THanks in advnace.

>Simon

Sat, 10 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. printing without crystal report or data report for non data base reports

2. Print a report via crystal reports without print dialogue displaying

3. Crystal Report 7 ActiveX (craxdrt.dll) vs Crystal Report Engine (CPEAUTO.dll)

4. Linking Crystal Report with a stored Procedure -- crystal report for visual studio.net

5. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

6. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

7. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

8. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

9. Passing Parameters from C# to Crystal Report / Crystal Report Viewer

10. Utilisation de crystal report/Use of Crystal Report

11. Different between VB's Crystal Report and Seagate Crystal Report

12. Crystal Reports 4.5 to Seagate Crystal Info 6.0 API