CR .Net or CR 9 Developer
Author Message
 CR .Net or CR 9 Developer

Can any one offer any suggestions.  Our team is currently using CR 7.0 for a
thick client app.  We will be moving new development to .Net and am curious
if anyone can offer any real reason why we would want to upgrade the CR.Net
license that ships with VS.Net to CR 9.0 Dev Edition.  I understand that
CR.9 Advanced manages the threads, but am not sure if there is any advantage
to having the developers use CR 9 Dev.

Thanks

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 03:07:18 GMT
 CR .Net or CR 9 Developer

CR9 gives you the ability to dynamically modify reports during runtime.
CR.NET only lets you make misc changes prior to a report running. Thus, if
you have sophisticated reports that do a lot of runtime modifications, then
CR9 is the best bet.

--Brian
A Crystal Reports.NET book for programmers? Its free!
* Covers ASP.NET and Windows Forms
* Teaches all phases of report development
* Alerts you to the bugs and how to get around them
* Maps out the complex ReportDocument object model
* Shows how to perform runtime customization
* Demonstrates all options of connecting with ADO.NET
* Gives complete code listings for every concept presented

www.CrystalReportsBook.com/rdr.asp?cpgn=ngcr_012903

Quote:
> Can any one offer any suggestions.  Our team is currently using CR 7.0 for
> thick client app.  We will be moving new development to .Net and am
curious
> if anyone can offer any real reason why we would want to upgrade the
CR.Net
> license that ships with VS.Net to CR 9.0 Dev Edition.  I understand that
> CR.9 Advanced manages the threads, but am not sure if there is any
advantage
> to having the developers use CR 9 Dev.

> Thanks

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 03:45:28 GMT

1. CR 8.5 and CR from VS.Net package

2. Find good book about using CR.NET with VS.NET and .NET Framework

3. VS.Net + Cr.Net and VB.Net

4. Memory not released with vb.net and cr.net

5. VS .NET 2002 upgrade to 2003 and CR.NET

6. CR.NET with ASP.NET Deployment files

7. LogOnInfo for CR.net repor viewer and VB.net

8. CR.Net with VB.Net

9. cr.net - export pro asp.net

10. CR .Net is bundled with VS .Net?

11. VB.NET & CR.NET : User Defined Function

12. VB.NET application and CR.NET - Change grouping method at runtime