Export Crystal Report using RDC
Author Message
 Export Crystal Report using RDC

Hello everyone!

I'm kinda in dispair now, 'couse I've been trying to solve problem that I
have for 6 weeks.
The problem is: I do a programmable export of Crystal Report (v 8.0) from VB
(v 6.0)
application using RDC. In report I have an OLE object which I use to load an
image on in.
For instance if I just run a report preview everything is just fine and I
can see an image
on my report, but if I just try to do an programmable export to .html, .doc,
.rtf
(Crystal Reports support webpage says that these file types should support
images),
they (images) are gone...

Maybe anyboby had a similar problem or have any idea how to solve it.
I'd be very appreciate for any suggestion..

Thanks in advance

z.

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 05:11:31 GMT
 Export Crystal Report using RDC
Hi Z,

Are you loading the image in a format event? The event won't fire when you
export, so the image is never loaded!
Exporting with CR gave me sleepless nights too. I upgraded to 8.5 and in
that version exporting to .pdf and .rtf support changing the report through
code while exporting, the other formats don't.

CR's exporting sucks !

Bas

Quote:
> Hello everyone!

> I'm kinda in dispair now, 'couse I've been trying to solve problem that I
> have for 6 weeks.
> The problem is: I do a programmable export of Crystal Report (v 8.0) from
VB
> (v 6.0)
> application using RDC. In report I have an OLE object which I use to load
an
> image on in.
> For instance if I just run a report preview everything is just fine and I
> can see an image
> on my report, but if I just try to do an programmable export to .html,
.doc,
> .rtf
> (Crystal Reports support webpage says that these file types should support
> images),
> they (images) are gone...

> Maybe anyboby had a similar problem or have any idea how to solve it.
> I'd be very appreciate for any suggestion..

> Thanks in advance

> z.

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:58:05 GMT

1. using RDC to export Crystal Reports - Parametes?

2. VB crashing after multiple reports exported using the RDC

3. How to change Crystal Report 8 rpt dsn using RDC in asp page

4. Crystal Reports 6.0 RDC, new instance each report?

5. How to use Embeddable Crystal Reports 9 Designer Control to edit RDC Report

6. How to display the Crystal Reports Report Design Component (RDC) in an ASP application

7. Print and Export button in Crystal Report View not using SelectionFormula

8. Can't get crystal to export a report when using ExportFormatType.HTML40

9. Problem using Crystal Report 8.5 to export PDF in Visual Basic 6.0

10. Export reports to HTML using Crystal 8.

11. Exporting to HTML using the Version of Crystal Reports that Comes with VB 4.0 Pro

12. EXPORTING CRYSTAL REPORT TO A DISK USING VB !!!!