Crystal Rpt Viewer and Resize in Win2K
Author Message
 Crystal Rpt Viewer and Resize in Win2K

All:

Need some quick help on this.  The MoveWindow (user32.dll) code
traditionally used to resize the Crystal Report window in a VB form is not
working in Win2K.  It works fine on my Win95 machine.  Any
thoughts?

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:12:25 GMT
 Crystal Rpt Viewer and Resize in Win2K
Figured it out.  Do this to get it to resize for you after the MoveWindow
"ctlCrystalRpt.Action=1" and it fixed it. I would still like to hear
comments on this inconsistency between Win9x and Win2k.

Quote:
> All:

> Need some quick help on this.  The MoveWindow (user32.dll) code
> traditionally used to resize the Crystal report window in a VB form is not
> working in Win2K.  It works fine on my Win95 machine.  Any
> thoughts?

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:45:23 GMT
 Crystal Rpt Viewer and Resize in Win2K
Chris,

I am new to Crystal, and trying to decide the best route for a user friendly
front end for selecting reports that have already been created.  I've looked
at both Visual Basic 6 and Access, each of which has a Crystal Reports
viewer.  I've been able to get this to work in Basic, but the Access viewer
(in Access 97 and Access 2000) opens the report occupying only about 25% of
the screen, with no toolbar buttons in the view.  I have not been able to
get Crystal to resize to occupy the full screen, even though I set it that
way on the form at design time.

I'm more comfortable (based on experience) programming in Access, and would
like to do it there rather than in VB if possible.  Any thoughts on the
problem in Access?

Bill

Quote:
> All:

> Need some quick help on this.  The MoveWindow (user32.dll) code
> traditionally used to resize the Crystal report window in a VB form is not
> working in Win2K.  It works fine on my Win95 machine.  Any
> thoughts?

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:46:07 GMT
 Crystal Rpt Viewer and Resize in Win2K
I suggest you look at using the MoveWindow windows API.  You can view using
the API Text Viewer which comes with VS 6.

Quote:
> Chris,

> I am new to Crystal, and trying to decide the best route for a user
friendly
> front end for selecting reports that have already been created.  I've
looked
> at both Visual Basic 6 and Access, each of which has a Crystal Reports
> viewer.  I've been able to get this to work in Basic, but the Access
viewer
> (in Access 97 and Access 2000) opens the report occupying only about 25%
of
> the screen, with no toolbar buttons in the view.  I have not been able to
> get Crystal to resize to occupy the full screen, even though I set it that
> way on the form at design time.

> I'm more comfortable (based on experience) programming in Access, and
would
> like to do it there rather than in VB if possible.  Any thoughts on the
> problem in Access?

> Bill

> > All:

> > Need some quick help on this.  The MoveWindow (user32.dll) code
> > traditionally used to resize the Crystal report window in a VB form is
not
> > working in Win2K.  It works fine on my Win95 machine.  Any
> > thoughts?

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 02:47:30 GMT

1. Crystal Rpt Viewer pops Database Login Box

2. convert Access rpt to Crystal Rpt.?

3. Crystal Reports 7.0 - Modify RPT File and generate RPT file at runtime

4. crystal 8.0 .ocx & crystal 6.0 .rpt

5. ActiveX Viewer (view exported .rpt file in browser)???

6. How to create Viewer for rpt files using RDC

7. Running external .RPT's at runtime from VB6 using report viewer

8. Passing Parameters from C# to Crystal Report / Crystal Report Viewer

9. Crystal 9 and the Crystal report viewer OCX.

10. Resize form in image viewer

11. Help: Different result in distributed rpt using Crystal Reports6 with ActiveX)

12. Can't Print Crystal Rpt w/OCX on some NT Systems