Crystal 7.0 & Vb 5.0 (SP3) Setup Wizard
Author Message
 Crystal 7.0 & Vb 5.0 (SP3) Setup Wizard

Hi
I have recently installed crystal 7.0 and am trying to make setups
for my apps
I installed it on nt workstation 4.0 sp4 with vb5.0 sp3

when I run vb setup wizard it says it can't find dependency files for
cdo32.dll and craxdui.dll

if I run the setup anyway then it will not work on any other comp.. ( I
suppose because some dll are missing and those comp.. don't have crystal
installed) I searched through faq's dejanews seagate's home page, help files
and so on - still doing it actually - but couldn't find a solution.

when i try to run the resulting app, it will crash saying it can't create
the activex component.
I've checked to see if all dll's i could find in the articles i found were
present on the comps were I made the instalation and i found all of them -
but perhaps there some more that should be in the dependency files for cdo32
and craxdui

what is the problem ?
anyone knows how to solve it ?

thanks
fernando
--
---------------
Fernando Vieira

Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal 7.0 & Vb 5.0 (SP3) Setup Wizard
I had the same problem with CDO32.dll
it seems that vb5 setup wizard does not recognize cdo32.dll as self
registering. There are no dependencies for cdo32.
there are two solutions for this. In the setup script (setup.lst) that is
generated by the wizard, manually go and edit the line containing cdo32.dll
to make it self registering (there is somewhere to do this in the wizard
too) or you can run the following from the command line:
c:\winnt\system32\regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system\cdo32.dll after you have
run the setup.

i don't have craxdui.dll in version 6 so i don't know anything about it.
hope it helps

Quote:

>when I run vb setup wizard it says it can't find dependency files for
>cdo32.dll and craxdui.dll

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports 5.0 and VB5 Setup Wizard

2. Setup Wizard & Crystal Report

3. Crystal reports 5.0 & VB 5.0

4. VFP 5.0 & VB 5 Sp3

5. VB 5.0 Setup Wizard problems