VB crashing after multiple reports exported using the RDC
Author Message
 VB crashing after multiple reports exported using the RDC

I created a program using VB6 SP5 and the RDC from CRW 8 on Win2K Prof
that stores the paths and parameters of daily reports to be run in a
batch mode. After about 11 reports exported to RTF file, I get an
error stating VB6.exe has created errors and it exits.
In the loop I set the App object and the Report object to nothing
before moving on the the next report.
Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:40:38 GMT
 VB crashing after multiple reports exported using the RDC
Russ,

I've used VB6 and CR8.5(craxdrt.dll).
From one particular report, I export 600 pdf and 600 xls files.
I did not have any problem.
I've noticed cpu usage going way high, but did not cause crash.
You're right about setting app = null before going to the next record.
I do that too.

Hope this helps

Quote:
> I created a program using VB6 SP5 and the RDC from CRW 8 on Win2K Prof
> that stores the paths and parameters of daily reports to be run in a
> batch mode. After about 11 reports exported to RTF file, I get an
> error stating VB6.exe has created errors and it exits.
> In the loop I set the App object and the Report object to nothing
> before moving on the the next report.
> Any Ideas?

> Thanks in advance.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 20:42:57 GMT
 VB crashing after multiple reports exported using the RDC

Quote:
>... After about 11 reports exported to RTF file, I get an
> error stating VB6.exe has created errors and it exits.

Now how could your application throw an exception on VB6.exe? Did you
compile your application to be called VB6?

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:54:52 GMT
 VB crashing after multiple reports exported using the RDC

Quote:

> >... After about 11 reports exported to RTF file, I get an
> > error stating VB6.exe has created errors and it exits.

> Now how could your application throw an exception on VB6.exe? Did you
> compile your application to be called VB6?

No, I did not compile the program and name it VB6.exe I'm running it in the IDE.

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:49:11 GMT
 VB crashing after multiple reports exported using the RDC
Compile your application, and run it outside IDE, and then tell us exactly
what error you have.

Quote:
> > >... After about 11 reports exported to RTF file, I get an
> > > error stating VB6.exe has created errors and it exits.

> > Now how could your application throw an exception on VB6.exe? Did you
> > compile your application to be called VB6?

> No, I did not compile the program and name it VB6.exe I'm running it in

the IDE.

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:16:44 GMT
 VB crashing after multiple reports exported using the RDC
Same Error, new name...
"Program Error
RS.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
You will need to restart the program."

After playing around with different reports I'm starting to think it's
more of an error with Sybase. It runs fine with reports that that hit
Access or Oracle.

Quote:

> Compile your application, and run it outside IDE, and then tell us exactly
> what error you have.

> > > Now how could your application throw an exception on VB6.exe? Did you
> > > compile your application to be called VB6?

> > No, I did not compile the program and name it VB6.exe I'm running it in
> the IDE.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:48:31 GMT

1. Export Crystal Report using RDC

2. using RDC to export Crystal Reports - Parametes?

3. Help please....Urgent VB crashes using RDC.

4. Exporting from VB application using RDC to doc/rtf/html

5. Exporting Reports to multiple text files using vba

6. vb crash when I open multiple reports

7. Exporting reports to Word in RDC 6

8. distributing app using report and report viewer from RDC 6.0

9. Export CR8 using RDC

10. Using RDC for Export

11. multiple reports with Crystal RDC???

12. Multiple tables using DDFs/RDC?