Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports
Author Message
 Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports

Hello,
I am trying to put a memo type field in Crystal Reports 6.0 from an access
database.  How do I make it so that the text box will be a multiline??

Thanks,
monomer

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports

I am considering upgrading to version 6 from the one that comes with
VB5.
Can anyone who has version 6 tell me some of what I will be getting for
the $100?

Thanks!

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports

A learning curve, with "near" WYSIWYG graphics... you may have to
print and readjust your form a few times. The thought process is more
featured. You will have more commands and faster reporting. You will
also have a better print preview and drill down capability. The web
output is very nice. If you do reports regular it seems worth it to
me... I am also checking out another reporting tool I found VB
Programmers Journal. One of the best features is the sub-report
capability. With it you can do say a total of scores for an average,
and then include the comments for each item in that area before moving
on to the next item. (You can't do that without subreports because the
comments have to be generated by a different scheme... sub-reports
enables you to do this.) There are some other features if you become a
networked power monger data programmer... but it sounds you are not in
a situation to use that yet.

John Farrar

Quote:

>I am considering upgrading to version 6 from the one that comes with
>VB5.
>Can anyone who has version 6 tell me some of what I will be getting for
>the $100?

>Thanks!

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports

Set the field format to 'can grow'. That should do it.

matt

Quote:

--
***************************
Ayupp Incorporated

719-488-2314
****** Affirmative ********

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports

Quote:

> I am considering upgrading to version 6 from the one that comes with
> VB5.
> Can anyone who has version 6 tell me some of what I will be getting for
> the $100?

> Thanks!

Tell you what, I use it at work along with a version of it called WinQL
(actually Crystal 4.  Call me and I'll give you the scoop.  The number is
1-800-722-6445 X253.  Ask for J.R.

Later

J.R. Bigger

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports

Quote:

> I am considering upgrading to version 6 from the one that comes with
> VB5.
> Can anyone who has version 6 tell me some of what I will be getting for
> the $100?

> Thanks!

 Hi Matt,

The upgrade will give you an OCX with more properties and methods as well
as the Print Engine API calls.  The Professional version includes ODBC and
Native drivers for databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase and
Informix.
You will get a more enhanced Report Writer as well as a Crystal Dictionary
Designer and Crystal Query Designer.
If you need to break away from VB, the Professional version also includes
the C++ libraries, MFC libraries as well as a VCL for Delphi.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports

Quote:

> I am considering upgrading to version 6 from the one that comes with
> VB5.
> Can anyone who has version 6 tell me some of what I will be getting for
> the $100?

> Thanks!

 Hi Matt,

The upgrade will give you an OCX with more properties and methods as well
as the Print Engine API calls.  The Professional version includes ODBC and
Native drivers for databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase and
Informix.
You will get a more enhanced Report Writer as well as a Crystal Dictionary
Designer and Crystal Query Designer.
If you need to break away from VB, the Professional version also includes
the C++ libraries, MFC libraries as well as a VCL for Delphi.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Sun, 01 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports "Unable to open database"

2. Crystal Report "unable to open database"

3. Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."

4. Crystal Reports "Load report failed"

5. Crystal Reports "Report Designer Component"

6. Crystal Reports "keep together"

7. Crystal Report install "instmsiw.exe" error

8. "Crystal report 4.6 "

9. Help-"Error5-Logon Failed"-HELP PLease!!!!!!-Crystal Report

10. Crystal Report on "NON NT" systems

11. crystal report "Out of stack" error

12. Creating "Anchors" in Crystal report - Urgent