Master-Detail with 2 seperate detail sections per master record, CR.NET
Author Message
 Master-Detail with 2 seperate detail sections per master record, CR.NET

First, this is a master-with-two-detail-sections which, as a combination, is
a detail for a higher level in the hierarchy.

What I need is to report two groupings on the same level.

The master record provides a foreign key for the detail records.

There are two sets of detail records, and I want to report all of one set
for a given master record, then the other set.

Crystal seems to provide the ability to create nested groups, but not
parallel groups; subreports cannot apparently be nested, so that doesn't
solve my problem either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Randy Genthe

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 00:52:06 GMT
 Master-Detail with 2 seperate detail sections per master record, CR.NET

Quote:
>Subject: Master-Detail with 2 seperate detail sections per master record,
>CR.NET

>Date: 11/4/02 10:52 AM Central Standard Time

>First, this is a master-with-two-detail-sections which, as a combination, is
>a detail for a higher level in the hierarchy.

>What I need is to report two groupings on the same level.

>The master record provides a foreign key for the detail records.

>There are two sets of detail records, and I want to report all of one set
>for a given master record, then the other set.

>Crystal seems to provide the ability to create nested groups, but not
>parallel groups; subreports cannot apparently be nested, so that doesn't
>solve my problem either.

>Any ideas?

>Thanks,
>Randy Genthe

How do you distinguish between these two sets of detail records?  Whatever the
answer is you make that a group under the main group.

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 04:48:37 GMT

1. Link multiple datagrids to a single record (Master\Detail Form with multiple details)

2. Inserting detail rows in master-detail configuration (VB4)

3. More than 1 record per line in the details section

4. Copy a master-detail record into another database?

5. Reporting on Master / Detail Records?

6. Creating Master/Detail records

7. Add New record to Master/Detail recordset

8. Background color in detail section per line

9. Master/Details Problems

10. Master Detail - whats the difference?

11. sincronize Master Detail

12. HOWTO Create a master detail relationship datagrid for Web like Tree Structure