Prointing problem CR 7.0 VB 6.0 w/ ADO
Author Message
 Prointing problem CR 7.0 VB 6.0 w/ ADO

Can any of you help me with this problem?

I am using the Crystal Report Control (OCX), I have the control placed on the
form (even though I cannot open the report editor within VB, I was able to add
the OCX to VB) When I try to set the connection to the Database, which is
using an ADO connection via VB's Data connection - which as I am understanding
it an ADO type connection. The Data Connection is using under the Provider Tab
the following: Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider

The error message I am getting when I try to connect is: "No Compatible data
source was found for this control. Please add an intrinsic Data Control or a
Remote Data Control to the form."

The data I am using is not bound to the form only to the database within each
object on the form.

It was my understanding that CR could now link using ADO - maybe I need to run
some other update or patch.

I also have tried this code within the program itself and the error message I get
from it.

     Set rsQuotePrint = New Recordset
    rsQuotePrint.Open "SELECT * FROM Quote", _
        CCDoors, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText

With crWorkOder
    .ReportFileName = App.Path & "WorkOrder.rpt"
    .Destination = crptToPrinter
    .PrinterStartPage = 1
    .PrinterStopPage = -1
    .CopiesToPrinter = 1
    .PrintReport
  End With

Error Msg:

    Error Code: 424
    Source: CCDoors_ADO

At one point before changing to Access 2000 I was using CR 4.?? That came with VB
so I know it works, I can open the report in the CR designer program and see and
print the correct report from the database with no problem, I do not understand
what is going on with this. Any Ideas???

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 04:14:40 GMT

1. VB 6.0 : CR 7.0 - [Cancel] CR

2. CR 6.0 and CR 7.0

3. CR 6.0 Report upgraded to CR 7.0 report has formatting issues

4. Upgraded CR 6.0 Report to CR 7.0 got formatting issues

5. Upgrading from CR 6.0 to CR 7.0

6. SQL Server 7.0 , ADO & VB 6.0

7. VB 6.0 / ADO 2.0 / SQL 7.0 Beta 3 (UniqueIdentifier)

8. ADO AddNew command with VB 6.0 and SQL 7.0

9. C.R. 6.0 and 7.0 crash when number of pags over 32768

10. Filter dates between VB 6.0 and CR 6.0 from *.qry

11. Problem in Selection formula, CR 4.6, VB 6.0

12. Printing Database field Problem in CR 6.0 (16-bit) using VB 3.0