Need to display multiple lines mini report within one record in a report
Author Message
 Need to display multiple lines mini report within one record in a report

I am using Crystal Reports 8.5, on Windows 2000.

The report I am trying to create is set up to display the records in
rows, one record per row.  Each record pertains to one form, and the
form can be forwarded an unlimited number of times from one person to
another.  In a couple of the columns, we are trying to show the
forwarding history of the form, along with the name of the person who
the form was forwarded to, and the number of days held. These three
pieces are related directly to one another, and need to be displayed
in a vertical list within the row that contains the record of the
form.

example:

Subject           Author       Date Due    Forwarded to     Held
----------------- ------------ ----------- ---------------  -------
Clarify Thickness Amy Saalfeld 10/20/2001  JA on 10/15/2001 1 day
                                           RD on 10/16/2001 2 days
                                           AS on 10/18/2001 1 day
                                           BM on 10/19/2001 2 days
Anchor Bolts      John Doe     10/19/2001  RA on 10/15/2001 3 days
                                           JA on 10/18/2001 1 day

The problem I am having involves trying to get the list of forwarded
dates, the initials of the person forwarded to, and the days held,
inserted into the single record, while still holding the horizontal
relationship between the person's initials, date, and days held, and
at the same time having all of that information being pulled from the
same form record.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Amy

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 06:11:42 GMT
 Need to display multiple lines mini report within one record in a report
If your follow the rules of database normalisation, you should really have
the repeating in a seperate table.    That lets you have as many events as
you like, the table joins sorts out the table relationships, you group your
data by the form field, and dispaly the events in the details.

If you have restricted your database to having a maximum of 3 events, place
the first set of events in the details section, and then have a details (b)
section for the second event fields, and a details (c) for the third event
fields.  Format sections (Detailsa, and Detailsb) to suppress if blank.

I'd recommend the first approach, but I've seen too many Db's take the
second approach and then get stuck when a fourth event comes along.  There
is no where to store that information.

Quote:
> I am using Crystal Reports 8.5, on Windows 2000.

> The report I am trying to create is set up to display the records in
> rows, one record per row.  Each record pertains to one form, and the
> form can be forwarded an unlimited number of times from one person to
> another.  In a couple of the columns, we are trying to show the
> forwarding history of the form, along with the name of the person who
> the form was forwarded to, and the number of days held. These three
> pieces are related directly to one another, and need to be displayed
> in a vertical list within the row that contains the record of the
> form.

> example:

> Subject           Author       Date Due    Forwarded to     Held
> ----------------- ------------ ----------- ---------------  -------
> Clarify Thickness Amy Saalfeld 10/20/2001  JA on 10/15/2001 1 day
>                                            RD on 10/16/2001 2 days
>                                            AS on 10/18/2001 1 day
>                                            BM on 10/19/2001 2 days
> Anchor Bolts      John Doe     10/19/2001  RA on 10/15/2001 3 days
>                                            JA on 10/18/2001 1 day

> The problem I am having involves trying to get the list of forwarded
> dates, the initials of the person forwarded to, and the days held,
> inserted into the single record, while still holding the horizontal
> relationship between the person's initials, date, and days held, and
> at the same time having all of that information being pulled from the
> same form record.

> Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

> Thanks in advance for your help.

> -Amy

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:31:05 GMT

1. report multiple details on one line

2. Report or Query with multiple lines per record

3. How to display one record on one line in a listbox

4. Data Report w/ multiple records/line

5. Display one record from multiple records

6. q:Crystal reports multiple heading sections in one report

7. Printing multiple reports as one report

8. How to compile multiple reports into one executable under Crystal Report 6.0

9. Need to export multiple files from one report

10. One Report To Multiple Trays Of One Printer

11. Display multiple record in one text box

12. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)