Monthly Columns in Cross-Tab
Author Message
 Monthly Columns in Cross-Tab

I was able to create a crosstab report which shows sales by client per
month.

I have created a formula  heading, Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) which
creates my columns. I'd like to see Jan, Feb, etc.,  instead of 01, 02.
When I added MonthName (Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) ) I got the months,
but since it's now text, it's not in order. I get April, Dec, etc!
Help! Is there no work-around? This is a simple process in Access and Excel.

Another thought I had was creating a summary report. (I had used this in a
report in Lotus Approach)
In this report, I had two groupings: one by Client Name, and one by policy
number.
I then created a formula which was SSum(If(Sales.Later_Of_Date= '01/1/00' ,
"Sales.Commission", ' '))
In other words:  If the date is Jan 1, 2000 to Jan 31, 2000, then sum the
commission field by policy while grouping by client.
Could I do this in Crystal  instead of a crosstab? What would be the Crystal
Syntax for this?
Would I create a formula for each month and place it in a group summary
footer  ??

TIA
Kris Murphy

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 02:27:42 GMT
 Monthly Columns in Cross-Tab

Format ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}, "mmm")

Quote:
> I was able to create a crosstab report which shows sales by client per
> month.

> I have created a formula  heading, Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) which
> creates my columns. I'd like to see Jan, Feb, etc.,  instead of 01, 02.
> When I added MonthName (Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) ) I got the months,
> but since it's now text, it's not in order. I get April, Dec, etc!
> Help! Is there no work-around? This is a simple process in Access and
Excel.

> Another thought I had was creating a summary report. (I had used this in a
> report in Lotus Approach)
> In this report, I had two groupings: one by Client Name, and one by policy
> number.
> I then created a formula which was SSum(If(Sales.Later_Of_Date= '01/1/00'
,
> "Sales.Commission", ' '))
> In other words:  If the date is Jan 1, 2000 to Jan 31, 2000, then sum the
> commission field by policy while grouping by client.
> Could I do this in Crystal  instead of a crosstab? What would be the
Crystal
> Syntax for this?
> Would I create a formula for each month and place it in a group summary
> footer  ??

> TIA
> Kris Murphy

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 03:13:14 GMT
 Monthly Columns in Cross-Tab
Kris,
In CR8 you may specify the order of columns in crosstab expert.
For earlier versions, you may insert double column headers.
The first header is that generationg 01, 02, 03,...,12 for months,
The second one is that generationg month names. Then hide displaying
the first header, the columns will remain sorted on it.
Regards,
Vadim.

Quote:
>I was able to create a crosstab report which shows sales by client per
>month.

>I have created a formula  heading, Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) which
>creates my columns. I'd like to see Jan, Feb, etc.,  instead of 01, 02.
>When I added MonthName (Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) ) I got the months,
>but since it's now text, it's not in order. I get April, Dec, etc!
>Help! Is there no work-around? This is a simple process in Access and
Excel.

>Another thought I had was creating a summary report. (I had used this in a
>report in Lotus Approach)
>In this report, I had two groupings: one by Client Name, and one by policy
>number.
>I then created a formula which was SSum(If(Sales.Later_Of_Date= '01/1/00' ,
>"Sales.Commission", ' '))
>In other words:  If the date is Jan 1, 2000 to Jan 31, 2000, then sum the
>commission field by policy while grouping by client.
>Could I do this in Crystal  instead of a crosstab? What would be the
Crystal
>Syntax for this?
>Would I create a formula for each month and place it in a group summary
>footer  ??

>TIA
>Kris Murphy

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 05:25:31 GMT
 Monthly Columns in Cross-Tab
Now I can't wait to get to work to try these ideas!
Thanks so much!
kris

Quote:

> Format ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}, "mmm")

> > I was able to create a crosstab report which shows sales by client per
> > month.

> > I have created a formula  heading, Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) which
> > creates my columns. I'd like to see Jan, Feb, etc.,  instead of 01, 02.
> > When I added MonthName (Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) ) I got the
months,
> > but since it's now text, it's not in order. I get April, Dec, etc!
> > Help! Is there no work-around? This is a simple process in Access and
> Excel.

> > Another thought I had was creating a summary report. (I had used this in
> > report in Lotus Approach)
> > In this report, I had two groupings: one by Client Name, and one by
policy
> > number.
> > I then created a formula which was SSum(If(Sales.Later_Of_Date=
'01/1/00'
> ,
> > "Sales.Commission", ' '))
> > In other words:  If the date is Jan 1, 2000 to Jan 31, 2000, then sum
the
> > commission field by policy while grouping by client.
> > Could I do this in Crystal  instead of a crosstab? What would be the
> Crystal
> > Syntax for this?
> > Would I create a formula for each month and place it in a group summary
> > footer  ??

> > TIA
> > Kris Murphy

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 19:28:10 GMT
 Monthly Columns in Cross-Tab

I read how you can do this for groups, but not for columns.
Where would I find this information?
Thanks for your help!
Kris

Quote:
> Kris,
> In CR8 you may specify the order of columns in crosstab expert.
> For earlier versions, you may insert double column headers.
> The first header is that generationg 01, 02, 03,...,12 for months,
> The second one is that generationg month names. Then hide displaying
> the first header, the columns will remain sorted on it.
> Regards,
> Vadim.

> >I was able to create a crosstab report which shows sales by client per
> >month.

> >I have created a formula  heading, Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) which
> >creates my columns. I'd like to see Jan, Feb, etc.,  instead of 01, 02.
> >When I added MonthName (Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) ) I got the
months,
> >but since it's now text, it's not in order. I get April, Dec, etc!
> >Help! Is there no work-around? This is a simple process in Access and
> Excel.

> >Another thought I had was creating a summary report. (I had used this in
> >report in Lotus Approach)
> >In this report, I had two groupings: one by Client Name, and one by
policy
> >number.
> >I then created a formula which was SSum(If(Sales.Later_Of_Date= '01/1/00'
,
> >"Sales.Commission", ' '))
> >In other words:  If the date is Jan 1, 2000 to Jan 31, 2000, then sum the
> >commission field by policy while grouping by client.
> >Could I do this in Crystal  instead of a crosstab? What would be the
> Crystal
> >Syntax for this?
> >Would I create a formula for each month and place it in a group summary
> >footer  ??

> >TIA
> >Kris Murphy

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 19:29:54 GMT
 Monthly Columns in Cross-Tab
We are talking about CR8:
Right-click on crosstab, select format crosstab,
highlight column header, click group options button,
select "in specified order" from the drop-down list,
go to the order tag, specify order.
Regards,
Vadim.

Quote:
>I read how you can do this for groups, but not for columns.
>Where would I find this information?
>Thanks for your help!
>Kris

>> Kris,
>> In CR8 you may specify the order of columns in crosstab expert.
>> For earlier versions, you may insert double column headers.
>> The first header is that generationg 01, 02, 03,...,12 for months,
>> The second one is that generationg month names. Then hide displaying
>> the first header, the columns will remain sorted on it.
>> Regards,
>> Vadim.

>> >I was able to create a crosstab report which shows sales by client per
>> >month.

>> >I have created a formula  heading, Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) which
>> >creates my columns. I'd like to see Jan, Feb, etc.,  instead of 01, 02.
>> >When I added MonthName (Month  ({Sales.Later_Of_Date}) ) I got the
>months,
>> >but since it's now text, it's not in order. I get April, Dec, etc!
>> >Help! Is there no work-around? This is a simple process in Access and
>> Excel.

>> >Another thought I had was creating a summary report. (I had used this in
>> >report in Lotus Approach)
>> >In this report, I had two groupings: one by Client Name, and one by
>policy
>> >number.
>> >I then created a formula which was SSum(If(Sales.Later_Of_Date=
'01/1/00'
>,
>> >"Sales.Commission", ' '))
>> >In other words:  If the date is Jan 1, 2000 to Jan 31, 2000, then sum
the
>> >commission field by policy while grouping by client.
>> >Could I do this in Crystal  instead of a crosstab? What would be the
>> Crystal
>> >Syntax for this?
>> >Would I create a formula for each month and place it in a group summary
>> >footer  ??

>> >TIA
>> >Kris Murphy

Sun, 20 Apr 2003 03:07:59 GMT
 Monthly Columns in Cross-Tab
That is so great!!!!
It works!!
Many thanks!

Kris Murphy

Quote:
> We are talking about CR8:
> Right-click on crosstab, select format crosstab,
> highlight column header, click group options button,
> select "in specified order" from the drop-down list,
> go to the order tag, specify order.
> Regards,
> Vadim.

> >I read how you can do this for groups, but not for columns.
> >Where would I find this information?
> >Thanks for your help!
> >Kris

> >> Kris,
> >> In CR8 you may specify the order of columns in crosstab expert.
> >> For earlier versions, you may insert double column headers.
> >> The first header is that generationg 01, 02, 03,...,12 for months,
> >> The second one is that generationg month names. Then hide displaying
> >> the first header, the columns will remain sorted on it.
> >> Regards,
> >> Vadim.

which
> >months,
> >> Excel.

> >policy
> '01/1/00'
> >,
> the
> >> Crystal

Sun, 20 Apr 2003 06:03:55 GMT

1. Cross-Tab Columns and Specified cross-tab groups in 7.0

2. Column-head problem with cross-tab in Crystal Reports

3. adjusting column width in cross tab

4. Cross Tab With Percentage In Last Column

5. Cross-tab columns in Crystal

6. Cross Tab Columns in Crystal

7. Hiding the Totals columns/rows in Cross-Tabs

8. Cross Tab Column Average Problem

9. Cross-tab with columns on the right of

10. cross tab with 'unlimited' columns

11. Trouble formatting cross-tab column heading

12. DataGrid: Tab from column to column???