Passing XML to Crystal Reports 9.0 from .NET
Author Message
 Passing XML to Crystal Reports 9.0 from .NET

Hi All,

I wish to construct an XML DataSet consisting of three DataTables, and
pass the DataSet to a Crystal Reports 9.0 report.  The DataSet will be
constructed from many different sources, at runtime.

I have discovered that I can create a new ADO.NET (XML) connection;
presumably then I set 'Use Visual Studio Data Class', and somehow pass
the information across.  There is no documentation I can find in the
Crystal 9 help to cover this (in fact the Crystal help seems to be of
very poor quality in general).

I'd greatly appreciate any help with this problem - thanks in advance :-)

Yours,
Duncan Bayne

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:48:22 GMT
 Passing XML to Crystal Reports 9.0 from .NET

Quote:

> I have discovered that I can create a new ADO.NET (XML) connection;
> presumably then I set 'Use Visual Studio Data Class', and somehow pass
> the information across.  There is no documentation I can find in the
> Crystal 9 help to cover this (in fact the Crystal help seems to be of
> very poor quality in general).

As it happens, there is a PDF detailing this kind of thing at
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/rtm_r...
(registration may be required).

I stand by my original criticism of the Crystal Reports documentation;
this kind of thing should at least be touched on by the online help, but
it isn't; in fact, a search for the keywords on the ADO.NET dialog
yields nothing :-(

Yours,
Duncan Bayne

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:07:29 GMT

1. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

2. VB.NET, XML, Crystal Reports, & Refreshing

3. Crystal 9.0 problem with set datasource location (in .Net)

4. Passing Dataset to Crystal Report in VB.Net

5. How to pass parameter from VB.Net to Crystal Report

6. Passing a variable from VB.NET to a Crystal report parameter or formula with no prompt

7. Parameter passing for Crystal Reports in .Net

8. Passing parameters in Crystal reports.net

9. Pass a string to the report - with out the help of Crystal online support in .NET

10. Passing Parameters from C# to Crystal Report / Crystal Report Viewer

11. Linking Crystal Report with a stored Procedure -- crystal report for visual studio.net

12. upgrading Crystal Reports 6.5 to 8.5 or 9.0