Using FaxNow To fax Crystal Reports in VB
Author Message
 Using FaxNow To fax Crystal Reports in VB

Hi there,

Could anyone possibly help me.

I am currently creating an activeX control for an Insurance system, using
Crystal Reports API.

This control will allow the system to put a fax number and then  fax off a
crystal report.

The following assumes there is a Crystal Report ocx control called
CrystalReport1 on the activex control

Sub PrintBarcodes1(sClaimNo As String)
    With CrystalReport1
      .ProgressDialog = False
      .PrinterName = "FaxNow!"
      .PrinterDriver = "isfapi32.dll"     ----------(?)
      .Destination = crptMapi
     .PrinterPort = "FAX_RR"        ----------(??)
      .Connect = sConnectViaOLEDB
      .ReportFileName = sRptLocation & "bcodes1a.RPT"
      .ReportTitle = " ABBEY "
      .ParameterFields(1) = "ClaimNo;" & sClaimNo & ";True"
      .PrintFileType = crptRTF
      .EMailToList = "fax:01162877892" ----------(???)
      .Action = 1
    End With
End Sub

My questions are :
    (?)    Is this the right FAXNOW driver file
    (??)  Is this the right port setting.
    (???) I am not sure about this format . I do know that the following Fax
programs have their own formats

                                            Outlook Fax - "fax:555
555-5555"<or> "[fax:555 555-5555]"

555555-5555/CS="
            I was just wondering if FaxNow has a specific format.

The following code was written having looked at the following example on the
Crystal Report Knowledge Base site.
     CrystalReport1.Destination = crptMapi
     CrystalReport1.PrintFileType = crptRTF

     CrystalReport1.EMailSubject = "Here is my fax"
     CrystalReport1.Action = 1

Any advise or help would be mych appreciated.

Thanks

Abbey Arshad

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:01:37 GMT

1. Faxing reports from Crystal Reports

2. Faxing reports from Crystal Reports OCX

3. Crystal Reports ANd VB 6.0 Printing reports using CRPEAUTO Object, specifying paper orientation problem

4. Printing report from Dynaset using Crystal Report and VB

5. Problem using Crystal report ActiveX installed with VB and used in VC.

6. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

7. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

8. Different between VB's Crystal Report and Seagate Crystal Report

9. How to fax Crystal Report through MAPI?

10. Faxing Crystal Reports

11. How to fax Crystal Report though MAPI?

12. Faxing a crystal Report from WinFax