On-demand Subreport--Want to automate opening ODS from user click ing tree view node
Author Message
 On-demand Subreport--Want to automate opening ODS from user click ing tree view node

Hello all,

For faster performance I am using an On-Demand Subreport. The report
consequently opens from VB with the tree view showing and the subreport
placeholder ready. The user has to drill down the tree view to the group
they are interested in. Then click the subreport itself to open it.

From VB, how do I automate the process, so that clicking on a node of
the tree view will open the on-demand subreport?

The report is designed using the RDC (instantiates as CRAXDRT.Report)
and previewed through the Crystal Report viewer (CRViewer1). The tree
view is of course in the left hand pane of the viewer, the report is in
the right hand pane.

I can trap the user clicking on a treeview node in the CRViewer1
ShowGroup event. However, so far I have not been able to figure out how
to then get the ShowGroup method or the DrillOnSubreport event to open
the on-demand subreport (the CRAXDRT object contained in the CRViewer1
object).

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Jake Mireles,
Meridianet, Inc.
281-286-5900

Houston, TX

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:57:23 GMT

1. On-demand Subreport--Want to automate opening ODS from user clicking tree view node

2. Tree View Node Click

3. Right click to generate pop up menu in Tree View

4. suppress collapse on Tree View double click

5. On-Demand SubReport

6. how to print on demand drill down subreports (CR8.5/sqlsvr2000/vb6)

7. viewing subreports/procedures called by subreports

8. Wanted: Code to click a label and pop up user default e-mail program

9. tree view and list view..

10. Tree View Control as file view

11. Tree View / List View

12. List View to Tree View