VC++: Using CR7 as Print Engine without using a DB
Author Message
 VC++: Using CR7 as Print Engine without using a DB

I would like to use CR7 as a print engine to create reports, but the datas
to print are not saved in a database because it will be calculated during
the runtime. So I would like to transfer my data from my VC++ app to CR7
during the runtime (!!!) to print 'memo text' and 'formated tables' or text
fields.

* How can I do this??
* Or do I have to import the data before into a database to use CR7?

Please let me know if you have an answer and/or example.

Roland

--
PGP Fingerprints:
Roland J. Graf = 0592 DA69 440A E137 4ED5  22AA 3D05 CF60 FABD E14E

Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++: Using CR7 as Print Engine without using a DB

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VC++: Using CR7 as Print Engine without using a DB
Use the 'Active Data' driver when you create the report.  That will let you
set up field definitions so that you can design the report layout.  Then,
you can pass data to the report at runtime using an ADO recordset or a
SAFEARRAY.

HTH, Paul
--
Paul Little
San Diego, CA

Quote:
> I would like to use CR7 as a print engine to create reports, but the datas
> to print are not saved in a database because it will be calculated during
> the runtime. So I would like to transfer my data from my VC++ app to CR7
> during the runtime (!!!) to print 'memo text' and 'formated tables' or
text
> fields.

> * How can I do this??
> * Or do I have to import the data before into a database to use CR7?

> Please let me know if you have an answer and/or example.

> Roland

> --
> PGP Fingerprints:
> Roland J. Graf = 0592 DA69 440A E137 4ED5  22AA 3D05 CF60 FABD E14E

Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++: Using CR7 as Print Engine without using a DB

Quote:
> Then,
> you can pass data to the report at runtime using an ADO recordset or a
> SAFEARRAY.

how can I pass the data to the report with a SAFEARRAY under C++ ??
Have You more informations, a sample or ideas?

Thank You in advance

  Andreas Knoll

---

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++: Using CR7 as Print Engine without using a DB

In theory it is possible, since you can use VB array as the data source to a
report and a VB array IS a SAFEARRAY.  I have never had the need to do this
in practice (most everything I've done with Crystal has been from VB, and
the little I did do with C/C++ was using direct data access within the
report), so I'm afraid I can't help much pass the theoretical.

Working with SAFEARRAYs from C++ is a real pain, so it might be simpler to
try and go the ADO Recordset route if you're already using ADO in your
application.

-Paul
--
Paul Little
San Diego, CA

Quote:
> > Then,
> > you can pass data to the report at runtime using an ADO recordset or a
> > SAFEARRAY.

> how can I pass the data to the report with a SAFEARRAY under C++ ??
> Have You more informations, a sample or ideas?

> Thank You in advance

>   Andreas Knoll

> ---

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++: Using CR7 as Print Engine without using a DB
Thanks for Your reply.

Andreas

> In theory it is possible, since you can use VB array as the data source to a
> report and a VB array IS a SAFEARRAY.  I have never had the need to do this
> in practice (most everything I've done with Crystal has been from VB, and
> the little I did do with C/C++ was using direct data access within the
> report), so I'm afraid I can't help much pass the theoretical.

> Working with SAFEARRAYs from C++ is a real pain, so it might be simpler to
> try and go the ADO Recordset route if you're already using ADO in your
> application.

> -Paul
> --
> Paul Little
> San Diego, CA

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 22:41:31 GMT

1. Amount of ram used by embedded VB program using inclueded db engine

2. Using VB to connect to DB without using ODBC

3. Using VB to connect to DB without using ODBC

4. Using VB to connect to DB without using ODBC

5. Disabled print button in preview of .rpt file called using print engine

6. Help: Using the Print Engine to print to a parent window

7. CR7 - Using OCX - pausing between print jobs

8. Printing with CR7 using a VB6 app and Win NT

9. HELP! Printing in VB without using print manager

10. Using Access as automation engine to print Access reports

11. Using the Crystal Reports Print Engine as a dll call

12. Using Word Print Engine in VB5