Please help...
Author Message
 Please help...

Hi,

I need the answer to one simple question:

is it possible to dynamically update a Crystal Report in VB after changes in
the database?

If not, does that mean, the user of my application would have to switch to
CR after a database change to get the right report?

Many thanks

Chris

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Please help...
Hi Christian,

Depending on what the updates to the database are the answer is yes.  If you are
changing the structure of the database, then Crystal has the option to Verify on
Every Print under the Database menu.  When this option is saved in the report,
the report will verify the structure of the database and make any changes to the
report as needed each time the report runs.

If you are using Crystal 8 then you can do this through code if you are using
the Print Engine API or the RDC.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I need the answer to one simple question:

> is it possible to dynamically update a crystal report in VB after changes in
> the database?

> If not, does that mean, the user of my application would have to switch to
> CR after a database change to get the right report?

> Many thanks

> Chris

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Please help...

Hi Christian,

Depending on what the updates to the database are the answer is yes.  If you are
changing the structure of the database, then Crystal has the option to Verify on
Every Print under the Database menu.  When this option is saved in the report,
the report will verify the structure of the database and make any changes to the
report as needed each time the report runs.

If you are using Crystal 8 then you can do this through code if you are using
the Print Engine API or the RDC.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I need the answer to one simple question:

> is it possible to dynamically update a crystal report in VB after changes in
> the database?

> If not, does that mean, the user of my application would have to switch to
> CR after a database change to get the right report?

> Many thanks

> Chris

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

2. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

3. Please Help...Crystal Reports..Please Help

4. PLEASE HELP... PLEASE HELP... PLEASE HELP...

5. Please Please PLEASE HELP!!!!!

6. Please please please, help me :-)

7. Please, please, please help!!

8. Cloning problem -- please please please help

9. Please, please, please, help!

10. DATAbase Printing PLEASE, PLEASE Help me - please?

11. DATAbase Printing - PLEASE, PLEASE Help me - please?

12. Please, Please, Please,Help craxdrt.dll