Creating a report as PDF directly without showing the report
Author Message
 Creating a report as PDF directly without showing the report

Hello Everybody
I'm trying to create a report wich is not only shown on screen but
AUTOMATICALLY saved as PDF Document.

I dont want to use the export function by hand.

Does anybody know how to?

Greetings Norbert

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:51:00 GMT
 Creating a report as PDF directly without showing the report
Please explain what you mean by not wanting to use the export function by
hand.

If you mean that you don't want user to make the selection, you can simply
set the relevant parameters in CrystalReport.ExportOptions object, and use
Export (false) method to export to pdf document without user interaction.
For details on what parameters to set, check out Crystal Decisions' online
help site.

HTH

Quote:
> Hello Everybody
> I'm trying to create a report wich is not only shown on screen but
> AUTOMATICALLY saved as PDF Document.

> I dont want to use the export function by hand.

> Does anybody know how to?

> Greetings Norbert

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:17:23 GMT
 Creating a report as PDF directly without showing the report
Yes thats right, I don't want the User to make a selection. The User just
checks the report, but it will be saved automatically.

Do You know a URL where I can find out more about the
"CrystalReport.ExportOptions" object and its parameters? I searched for it,
but didnt find any answers.

Maybe you have an example on how to use this Object?

Thanks a lot?

Quote:
> Please explain what you mean by not wanting to use the export function by
> hand.

> If you mean that you don't want user to make the selection, you can simply
> set the relevant parameters in CrystalReport.ExportOptions object, and use
> Export (false) method to export to pdf document without user interaction.
> For details on what parameters to set, check out Crystal Decisions' online
> help site.

> HTH

> > Hello Everybody
> > I'm trying to create a report wich is not only shown on screen but
> > AUTOMATICALLY saved as PDF Document.

> > I dont want to use the export function by hand.

> > Does anybody know how to?

> > Greetings Norbert

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:58:09 GMT
 Creating a report as PDF directly without showing the report
Check the Developers Help included

--
Richard Wittmann
Senior Applications Developer/Team Lead

Quote:
> Yes thats right, I don't want the User to make a selection. The User just
> checks the report, but it will be saved automatically.

> Do You know a URL where I can find out more about the
> "CrystalReport.ExportOptions" object and its parameters? I searched for
it,
> but didnt find any answers.

> Maybe you have an example on how to use this Object?

> Thanks a lot?

> > Please explain what you mean by not wanting to use the export function
by
> > hand.

> > If you mean that you don't want user to make the selection, you can
simply
> > set the relevant parameters in CrystalReport.ExportOptions object, and
use
> > Export (false) method to export to pdf document without user
interaction.
> > For details on what parameters to set, check out Crystal Decisions'
online
> > help site.

> > HTH

> > > Hello Everybody
> > > I'm trying to create a report wich is not only shown on screen but
> > > AUTOMATICALLY saved as PDF Document.

> > > I dont want to use the export function by hand.

> > > Does anybody know how to?

> > > Greetings Norbert

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:29:36 GMT
 Creating a report as PDF directly without showing the report
use code similar to the following...
        Dim dfdoCustomers As New
CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions()
        Dim szFileName As String = "c:\winnt\temp\myreport2.pdf"  'or wherever
        dfdoCustomers.DiskFileName = szFileName
        With reportDocument2  ' reportDocument2 is your ReportDocument instance

            .ExportOptions.ExportDestinationType =
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportDestinationType.DiskFile
            .ExportOptions.ExportFormatType =
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat
            .ExportOptions.DestinationOptions = dfdoCustomers
            .Export()
        End With

place the code immediately after you load the report into your viewer
/Phil

Quote:

> Check the Developers Help included

> --
> Richard Wittmann
> Senior Applications Developer/Team Lead
> Financial Information Network

> > Yes thats right, I don't want the User to make a selection. The User just
> > checks the report, but it will be saved automatically.

> > Do You know a URL where I can find out more about the
> > "CrystalReport.ExportOptions" object and its parameters? I searched for
> it,
> > but didnt find any answers.

> > Maybe you have an example on how to use this Object?

> > Thanks a lot?

> > > Please explain what you mean by not wanting to use the export function
> by
> > > hand.

> > > If you mean that you don't want user to make the selection, you can
> simply
> > > set the relevant parameters in CrystalReport.ExportOptions object, and
> use
> > > Export (false) method to export to pdf document without user
> interaction.
> > > For details on what parameters to set, check out Crystal Decisions'
> online
> > > help site.

> > > HTH

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 01:54:44 GMT
 Creating a report as PDF directly without showing the report
Thanks for your help, I will try your code

Quote:
> use code similar to the following...
>         Dim dfdoCustomers As New
> CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions()
>         Dim szFileName As String = "c:\winnt\temp\myreport2.pdf"  'or
wherever
>         dfdoCustomers.DiskFileName = szFileName
>         With reportDocument2  ' reportDocument2 is your ReportDocument
instance

>             .ExportOptions.ExportDestinationType =
> CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportDestinationType.DiskFile
>             .ExportOptions.ExportFormatType =
> CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat
>             .ExportOptions.DestinationOptions = dfdoCustomers
>             .Export()
>         End With

> place the code immediately after you load the report into your viewer
> /Phil

> > Check the Developers Help included

> > --
> > Richard Wittmann
> > Senior Applications Developer/Team Lead
> > Financial Information Network

> > > Yes thats right, I don't want the User to make a selection. The User
just
> > > checks the report, but it will be saved automatically.

> > > Do You know a URL where I can find out more about the
> > > "CrystalReport.ExportOptions" object and its parameters? I searched
for
> > it,
> > > but didnt find any answers.

> > > Maybe you have an example on how to use this Object?

> > > Thanks a lot?

> > by

> > simply
> > use
> > interaction.
> > online

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:31:07 GMT

1. How to print a report from VB directly without preview

2. how to print directly without viewing the report in cr8

3. printing without crystal report or data report for non data base reports

4. Auto naming PDF files created from Report in W2K

5. open report in design view without showing on screen

6. Reports, reports, reports, reports.....REPORTS!

7. Help With Crystal Reports: Crashes Program After Showing Second Report

8. Making Crystal Reports display memo fields without messing up other parts of the report

9. Print a report via crystal reports without print dialogue displaying

10. Reporting without Crystal Reports?

11. Crystl32.ocx shows blank report at second time report is generated

12. View a Report without Crystal Report installed ?