cr.NET report source property help please
Author Message
 cr.NET report source property help please

Hi, I'm hoping someone can clear me up on something.

.NET seems to blur the line for me between client-side and
server-side.  Specifically, right now, I'm concerned with the "report
source" property of the Crystal Viewer in .NET.

I have seen examples that show "c:\inetpub\reports\whatever.rpt" all
in quotes like that.  So, that seems to be a "server-side" file path,
but all the examples I've seen only show it working at
http://localhost :)  If I set up a report that way, can a client, over
the internet still view the report?  Basically, my main concern is
that the client does not have to have a DSN or any other type of
"connection" to my database or to the source .rpt file.

Obviously, I still have other roadblocks as well, or else I'd have a
report up and running and then I'd know from experience, but I only
wanted to post one question per post.

Travis

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:03:19 GMT
 cr.NET report source property help please
http://localhost is equivalent to c:\inetpub\wwwroot in the default
installation of IIS.  So, it's server-side as well.
Dewey

Quote:
> Hi, I'm hoping someone can clear me up on something.

> .NET seems to blur the line for me between client-side and
> server-side.  Specifically, right now, I'm concerned with the "report
> source" property of the Crystal Viewer in .NET.

> I have seen examples that show "c:\inetpub\reports\whatever.rpt" all
> in quotes like that.  So, that seems to be a "server-side" file path,
> but all the examples I've seen only show it working at
> http://localhost :)  If I set up a report that way, can a client, over
> the internet still view the report?  Basically, my main concern is
> that the client does not have to have a DSN or any other type of
> "connection" to my database or to the source .rpt file.

> Obviously, I still have other roadblocks as well, or else I'd have a
> report up and running and then I'd know from experience, but I only
> wanted to post one question per post.

> Travis

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:56:10 GMT

1. Properties window goes blank when Data Source property clicked- VB6 CR 7

2. Need Report to look at SQL Data source ( VB / CR newbie needs help)

3. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

4. Urgent, help please: Problem exporting report CR 8 and VB 6

5. Please help me with CR report formatin

6. Converting a VB.Net source to a C#.Net source

7. Changing ODBC source makes CR reports not usable from VB 6

8. CR 6.0 Report upgraded to CR 7.0 report has formatting issues

9. Passing an open ADO connection as Data Source for a CR report

10. Please Help Crystal Report LogOnServer Property

11. Selectionformula property in Crystal Reports Control - Please help!

12. Find good book about using CR.NET with VS.NET and .NET Framework