Using Crystal Report Designer Component need to use mulitiple databases with same tables
Author Message
 Using Crystal Report Designer Component need to use mulitiple databases with same tables

Using Crystal Report Designer Component Ver 6.0 for VB 5.0:
How do I change the report "ACCESS" data base on form start up derived from
a path saved in the registery with the line below.

What I am trying to do is use duplicate databases with diffrent names
depending which one the user last accessed and saved
to the Regesitary. The databases will have diffrent names and data
but the exact same tables.

This is where I get the path to the database used in the report
The report is CrystalReport1 and the viewer is Crviwer1

 Dim SOURCE AS String
 SOURCE = GetSetting(App.Title, "Settings", "DataBase", CurDir &
"\TGEN.MDB")

I have tried to use the setdatasource meathod, but can't figure out how to
make it
work

[form]Object.SetDataSource data

What is the Object and data referring to?
If possible can you provide a code example of how to change report
database during form load.

Thanks

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Crystal Report Designer Component need to use mulitiple databases with same tables
I would Just like to point out the declaration

Quote:

>'Global declarations for component
>Public CRApp As New craxdrt.Application
>Public cr As craxdrt.Report

Note well -- I've always referred to crystal as CRApp...it seems their own
programmers are doing the same.

On a more serious thought - I've had difficulties getting the damn craxdrt
to work at all on an nt4.0 box.  Works fine with win95 although had to
figure out the dependencies myself.  I eventually uninstalled the blasted
thing and removed it from my program - so I'm back to v5.

Does anybody know how to make this thing really work?

Thx,

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Has someone used the Crystal Report Designer Component?

2. Using Crystal 8.0 Report Designer Component

3. Problem selecting records using ADO/Report designer component 6

4. Changing Groups Using Report Designer Component

5. Problem selecting records using ADO/Report designer component 6

6. Crystal Reports 6 Report Designer Component

7. Crystal Reports Report Designer Component

8. Crystal Report Designer Component (Previewing a report.)

9. Crystal Reports "Report Designer Component"

10. Crystal Report Designer Component (Previewing a report.)

11. Changing a report that uses 1 database into a report using 2 databases

12. Problems with using Crystal Report Designer from within VB6.0