CR 8.5 variable data sources
Author Message
 CR 8.5 variable data sources

I think this may be a frequently asked question, but I'm using CR8.5
professional to connect to an Oracle 8 database and create reports on tables
therein.  The names of these tables may have to change, and I want to know
if there's any way to migrate the report to a different table without
actually going through the entire report and creating new fields with the
new table name.
Any help greatly appreciated!   :-)

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 03:44:54 GMT
 CR 8.5 variable data sources

If ONLY the table name changes, but the fields are the same, use the set
Location options on the Database drop-down menu and select the new table_name
If the field names have also changed, you will need to map them - you will be
prompted where you select Verify database...

Quote:

>I think this may be a frequently asked question, but I'm using CR8.5
>professional to connect to an Oracle 8 database and create reports on tables
>therein.  The names of these tables may have to change, and I want to know
>if there's any way to migrate the report to a different table without
>actually going through the entire report and creating new fields with the
>new table name.
>Any help greatly appreciated!   :-)

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 04:19:00 GMT
 CR 8.5 variable data sources
I have the same problem with SQL_Server 6.0 and Crystal 6.0
I was working with storage procedure instead of a table,  where field have
the same name.
I can't fine a way to do it automatic.

Quote:

> If ONLY the table name changes, but the fields are the same, use the set
> Location options on the Database drop-down menu and select the new
table_name
> If the field names have also changed, you will need to map them - you will
be
> prompted where you select Verify database...

> >I think this may be a frequently asked question, but I'm using CR8.5
> >professional to connect to an Oracle 8 database and create reports on
tables
> >therein.  The names of these tables may have to change, and I want to
know
> >if there's any way to migrate the report to a different table without
> >actually going through the entire report and creating new fields with the
> >new table name.
> >Any help greatly appreciated!   :-)

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 05:16:56 GMT

1. using VB variables in CR 8.5 to change the data displayed

2. Dynamic source with ADO Recordset CR 8.5...

3. CR 8.5 : ASP data

4. Active Data with CR 8.5

5. CR 8.5 and CR from VS.Net package

6. Decimal Place problem after Upgrading from CR 6 to CR 8.5

7. CR 8 and CR 8.5

8. Using a dll that referenced CR 8.5 files on a machine that has CR 8.0

9. Crystal reports 8.5 and ODBC Data sources

10. ASP+Crystal Reports 8.5 Changing data source problem

11. Getting data values to CR from variable arrays and stand alone variables in VB

12. Parameter to Stored Procedure CR 8.5 VB.Net Specified Cast Not Valid