NOT Join tables in Crystal
Author Message
 NOT Join tables in Crystal

Hi there,

I'm new here, so hi.
I'll just jump in and ask my question, shall I?

I need to make a report in Crystal Reports (8.x), where only information
should be shown where a connected table is NOT filled.

i.e.
I have two tables, Customer and Order. I need to print those customers that
have not placed an order. So I have to make something like
FOR EACH Customer WHERE NOT CAN-FIND Order WITH Order.Custno =
Customer.Custno.

How do I do this in Crystal/sql?

tia,
Firsa

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:13:08 GMT
 NOT Join tables in Crystal
If you've got your data in a database somewhere you could always do the SQL
there and use a "left join" to only get rows in one table that are not in
the other.

You can do this in Crystal too, if you link in both tables and edit the SQL
query in Database>show sql query..
What environment is the data held in ?

Hope this helps..

Quote:
> Hi there,

> I'm new here, so hi.
> I'll just jump in and ask my question, shall I?

> I need to make a report in Crystal Reports (8.x), where only information
> should be shown where a connected table is NOT filled.

> i.e.
> I have two tables, Customer and Order. I need to print those customers
that
> have not placed an order. So I have to make something like
> FOR EACH Customer WHERE NOT CAN-FIND Order WITH Order.Custno =
> Customer.Custno.

> How do I do this in Crystal/sql?

> tia,
> Firsa

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 00:32:23 GMT
 NOT Join tables in Crystal

Quote:
> If you've got your data in a database somewhere you could always do the
SQL
> there and use a "left join" to only get rows in one table that are not in
> the other.

How completely silly of me. I thought that wasn't what I needed, because
that would also give me the Customers that already have Orders attached, but
I just realized I can easily filter them out. Thank you so much for pointing
me in the right direction, I was thinking way to difficult...

Quote:
> You can do this in Crystal too, if you link in both tables and edit the
SQL
> query in Database>show sql query..
> What environment is the data held in ?

Well, it really doesn't matter anymore ;c)
But it's a Topspeed database, connected through ODBC.

Quote:
> Hope this helps..

Yes. A lot. Thank you very much!!!

gr, Firsa

Quote:

> > Hi there,

> > I'm new here, so hi.
> > I'll just jump in and ask my question, shall I?

> > I need to make a report in Crystal Reports (8.x), where only information
> > should be shown where a connected table is NOT filled.

> > i.e.
> > I have two tables, Customer and Order. I need to print those customers
> that
> > have not placed an order. So I have to make something like
> > FOR EACH Customer WHERE NOT CAN-FIND Order WITH Order.Custno =
> > Customer.Custno.

> > How do I do this in Crystal/sql?

> > tia,
> > Firsa

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:52:28 GMT

1. Visual Studio.NET with Crystal Reports and Joined Tables

2. SQL JOIN and tables not updatetable

3. Double Query-Table-Join not updateable?

4. ttx, joining 2 tables does not work

5. Crystal Outer join and link options not working?

6. LEFT JOIN not selecting all records in originating table

7. !how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

8. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

9. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

10. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

11. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

12. SQL - Join one table in one destination to another table in another destination (DBF)