Passing parameter from Crystal OCX to a report that uses a stored procedure
Author Message
 Passing parameter from Crystal OCX to a report that uses a stored procedure

    Hi,

    I design reports with CR7 Pro Designer and I call my reports with
Crystal Reports OCX in VB 5. My report uses an Access 97 parametrized query
through ODBC, the option "Save data with report is not checked".

When I print my report in VB, I transmit it new values for my parameters.
These parameters are used :
- In the report's header that display the new values : it's OK
- For my query that uses old values : why doesn't it take my new values ?

I tried two syntax :

With CrystalReport1
    .ParameterFields(0) = "Param1Name;Param1Value;TRUE"
    .PrintReport
End With

With CrystalReport1
    .StoredProcParam(0) = "Param1Value"
    .PrintReport
End With

None of them works.

Does anyone has an idea ?

Thanks,

Cyrille Le Clerc

Cyrille Le Clerc

Remove "no-spam."

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing parameter from Crystal OCX to a report that uses a stored procedure
Try Clearing your parameters first before  you set them to new values
I know that the formulas must be cleared otherwise they persist from
report to report. Example when we have a report that uses 3 formulas
and the next report uses only 1 formula we clear three formulas and
then re-init the single formula to its ne value. I'm not sure but
Ibelieve that parameters obey the same rules.

Quote:
>    Hi,
>    I design reports with CR7 Pro Designer and I call my reports with
>Crystal Reports OCX in VB 5. My report uses an Access 97 parametrized query
>through ODBC, the option "Save data with report is not checked".
>When I print my report in VB, I transmit it new values for my parameters.
>These parameters are used :
>- In the report's header that display the new values : it's OK
>- For my query that uses old values : why doesn't it take my new values ?
>I tried two syntax :
>With CrystalReport1
>    .ParameterFields(0) = "Param1Name;Param1Value;TRUE"
>    .PrintReport
>End With
>With CrystalReport1
>    .StoredProcParam(0) = "Param1Value"
>    .PrintReport
>End With
>None of them works.
>Does anyone has an idea ?
>Thanks,
>Cyrille Le Clerc
>Cyrille Le Clerc

>Remove "no-spam."

Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing Parameters to Crystal Report 5.0 (Stored Procedure Query )

2. Problem with VB passing parameters to Crystal Report - Stored Procedure

3. Passing Stored Procedure parameters via VB6 into Crystal Report (ver 8)

4. passing Parameter from Vb to Stored Procedure In crystal reports

5. Pass parameter to a MS SQL stored procedure from Crystal Report 6.0

6. Crystal 8.5 - troubles with passing strings as stored procedure parameters

7. Passing Stored Procedure Parameter by Crystal RDC 7

8. Passing Stored Procedures Parameters to Crystal (6)

9. Crystal - passing parameters to SQL stored procedure

10. Passing Parameters into a sub report's stored procedure

11. VB.NET,SQL SERVER 2000 STORED PROCEDURE PARAMETERS, CRYSTAL REPORTS

12. Stored Procedure Parameters to Crystal Reports