Hi,

Thanks,
Martin van der Linden

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:24:02 GMT
 printing barcodes with CR
I am assuming that you are using TrueType fonts.  If you are using
Code 39, is it possible that the sample data you are viewing on the
screen contains only upper case characters and the real data printed
during a production run contains lower case?  Code 39 does not include
lower case in the base character set; some fonts will print an "A" if
you ask for an "a", others will print nothing.

If you are using another font like Code 128 or Interleaved 2 of 5, it
is possible that the characters in the font are not mapped to the
positions you would normally expect.

Even so, I would expect you to see at least something on the printer.
One thing that has happened to me in MS-Access (haven't done much with
CR7) is that if a barcode bar is even slightly taller than expected
and hangs over the edge of the bounding box, the whole thing is
suppressed at print time.

The only other thought that comes to mind is some kind of
compatibility issue between the printer and the font.  You can check
that by creating a simple word processing document with some text that
uses the font and see if you get anything at all on the printout.

No much, but it's all I can think of at the moment.  Good luck.

Bob
The Barcode Software Center
www.makebarcode.com

Quote:
> Hi,

> Can anybody tell me what to do to make CR7 print barcodes. I selected a
> barcode font and it displays OK but nothing gets printed. Please reply

> Thanks,
> Martin van der Linden

> --

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 06:30:44 GMT

1. Barcodes in CR

2. ? Printing correct postnet barcodes in Access

3. Printing barcodes on envelopes

4. printing barcodes in VB

5. Printing Forms & Barcodes

6. Barcodes printed on reports.

7. Printing Barcodes with VB5

8. printing barcodes help

9. Printing Barcodes with VB5

10. Print Preview with Barcodes?

11. Printing barcodes on dot-matrix printer

12. Need API, DLL or something to print Barcodes