Crystal Reports "Load report failed"
Author Message
 Crystal Reports "Load report failed"

I created a project with a Crystal Report that displays fine on the
development computer, a Windows XP Pro machine.

I then created a setup and deployment project for it and installed it as a
test on a Windows Me computer.  The installation of the program went fine,
and everything in the program worked except the display of the report.  When
you tried to display the report it gave the error message "Cannot find
KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode". A bit of research on Google Produced the
solution listed below, which had been posted by Laurie Paulin.

That put me past that error message.  Now the error message I get on the
client computer is "Load report failed".  However, when I click OK, the
report displays perfectly.

A similar bit of research on this error message said the solution was:
re-register the query engine DLL (regsvr32 "C:\program files\common
files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin\CRQE.dll"). If CRQE.dll will not register or
does successfully register and the problem persists, check the version of
the ATL.dll on the client computer. The correct version of ATL.dll for
Windows 98/ME is 3.0.8449.

Well, it did not register successfully; however, ATL.dll has the correct
version.

Any Ideas?

"Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode".  solution:

1.    Add these merge models to setup project from C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Merge Modules:

    Database_Access.msm
    Database_Access_enu.msm
    Managed.msm
    regwiz.msm

2.    The following merge models should have been added automatically to the
setup program, if not, add them:

    VC_CRT.msm
    VC_STL.msm

3.    Add the CR license key to the license key property under
MergeModuleProperties in the properties window for regwiz.msm.  The key can
be found in the help/about MS Dev env. dialog in Visual Studio.  Highlight
the "Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET" line, copy info, past into
notepad and then cut-and-paste just the key number into the property.

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 23:20:09 GMT
 Crystal Reports "Load report failed"

Problem solved:

I was using the code below to setup the report in the page load event of the
form containing the CrystalReportViewer1.  However, I also had a
ReportSource in the properties of CrystalReportViewer1.  Once I set the
ReportSource property to none, everything worked fine.

Dim MyRpt As New CrystalReportMembers2()
 Dim conn As New OleDb.OleDbConnection()
 conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
Application.StartupPath & "\test.mdb;Mode=Share Deny None"
 Dim myAdapter As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter("Select * from [Members
Ordered]", conn)
 Dim myDataset As New DataSet()
 myAdapter.Fill(myDataset, "members ordered")
 MyRpt.SetDataSource(myDataset)
 CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = MyRpt

Quote:
> I created a project with a Crystal Report that displays fine on the
> development computer, a Windows XP Pro machine.

> I then created a setup and deployment project for it and installed it as a
> test on a Windows Me computer.  The installation of the program went fine,
> and everything in the program worked except the display of the report.
When
> you tried to display the report it gave the error message "Cannot find
> KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode". A bit of research on Google Produced
the
> solution listed below, which had been posted by Laurie Paulin.

> That put me past that error message.  Now the error message I get on the
> client computer is "Load report failed".  However, when I click OK, the
> report displays perfectly.

> A similar bit of research on this error message said the solution was:
> re-register the query engine DLL (regsvr32 "C:\program files\common
> files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin\CRQE.dll"). If CRQE.dll will not register
or
> does successfully register and the problem persists, check the version of
> the ATL.dll on the client computer. The correct version of ATL.dll for
> Windows 98/ME is 3.0.8449.

> Well, it did not register successfully; however, ATL.dll has the correct
> version.

> Any Ideas?

> "Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode".  solution:

> 1.    Add these merge models to setup project from C:\Program Files\Common
> Files\Merge Modules:

>     Database_Access.msm
>     Database_Access_enu.msm
>     Managed.msm
>     regwiz.msm

> 2.    The following merge models should have been added automatically to
the
> setup program, if not, add them:

>     VC_CRT.msm
>     VC_STL.msm

> 3.    Add the CR license key to the license key property under
> MergeModuleProperties in the properties window for regwiz.msm.  The key
can
> be found in the help/about MS Dev env. dialog in Visual Studio.  Highlight
> the "Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET" line, copy info, past into
> notepad and then cut-and-paste just the key number into the property.

Wed, 06 Jul 2005 03:19:26 GMT
 Crystal Reports "Load report failed"
Make sure atl.dll is in your machine's path, or put it in "C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin".  Also, make sure that
unicows.dll is in that directory.

Francis

Quote:
> I created a project with a Crystal Report that displays fine on the
> development computer, a Windows XP Pro machine.

> I then created a setup and deployment project for it and installed it as a
> test on a Windows Me computer.  The installation of the program went fine,
> and everything in the program worked except the display of the report.
When
> you tried to display the report it gave the error message "Cannot find
> KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode". A bit of research on Google Produced
the
> solution listed below, which had been posted by Laurie Paulin.

> That put me past that error message.  Now the error message I get on the
> client computer is "Load report failed".  However, when I click OK, the
> report displays perfectly.

> A similar bit of research on this error message said the solution was:
> re-register the query engine DLL (regsvr32 "C:\program files\common
> files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin\CRQE.dll"). If CRQE.dll will not register
or
> does successfully register and the problem persists, check the version of
> the ATL.dll on the client computer. The correct version of ATL.dll for
> Windows 98/ME is 3.0.8449.

> Well, it did not register successfully; however, ATL.dll has the correct
> version.

> Any Ideas?

> "Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode".  solution:

> 1.    Add these merge models to setup project from C:\Program Files\Common
> Files\Merge Modules:

>     Database_Access.msm
>     Database_Access_enu.msm
>     Managed.msm
>     regwiz.msm

> 2.    The following merge models should have been added automatically to
the
> setup program, if not, add them:

>     VC_CRT.msm
>     VC_STL.msm

> 3.    Add the CR license key to the license key property under
> MergeModuleProperties in the properties window for regwiz.msm.  The key
can
> be found in the help/about MS Dev env. dialog in Visual Studio.  Highlight
> the "Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET" line, copy info, past into
> notepad and then cut-and-paste just the key number into the property.

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:41:17 GMT

1. Report deployment, runtime, "load report failed"

2. "load report failed" Error

3. The error about"Load report failed"

4. Help-"Error5-Logon Failed"-HELP PLease!!!!!!-Crystal Report

5. Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."

6. Crystal Reports "Report Designer Component"

7. Error "Enable to load report"

8. Crystal Reports "Unable to open database"

9. Crystal Reports "keep together"

10. reports("template").report.recordsource HELP

11. Crystal Report install "instmsiw.exe" error

12. "Crystal report 4.6 "