Unable to import SAS data into ACCESS97 or EXCEL 2000 using the SAS ODBC driver
Author Message
 Unable to import SAS data into ACCESS97 or EXCEL 2000 using the SAS ODBC driver

I am unable to import SAS data into ACCESS97 or EXCEL 2000 using the
SAS ODBC driver. SAS tech support recommended rolling back MDAC 2.6 to
MDAC 2.5. In order to do this I had to uninstall SQL Server Enterprise
Manager because it requires MDAC 2.6 or higher. After I rolled back
the MDAC, I still had the same error with the SAS ODBC driver. I tried
upgrading to MDAC 2.7 and still got the same error.
Error: [sas] [sas odbc drive] server referenced in data source is
undefined (#-1) [microsoft] [odbc driver manager] driver's
sqlsetconnectattr failed (#0)

I have found information that leads me to believe that Crystal Reports
8.0 is the culprit (or at least a partner) behind these permission
problems.
"Installing Crystal Reports 8.0 on Windows NT/2000 may prevent
connections to System ODBC data sources. This occurs on new ODBC Data
Source Names (DSNs) accessed under a user account without
Administrator privileges."
I have tried/checked everything on the following website:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

I recently used a registry monitor to help pinpoint the registry keys
that are causing the problem, but I still haven't been able to find
the correct one(s) to fix this problem.

Any Help would be appreciated!

OS: Windows 2000 SP2
Other Software: VB6 (SP5), SQL EM 2000, Crystal Reports 8.0, Project
2000 (SR1)

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:09:41 GMT

1. VB 4.0 Enterprise with SAS & ODBC

2. sas odbc

3. Excel to SAS

4. ODBC Excel 2000 Driver logon Failed

5. Import Excel with ODBC Drivers and DSN-less connection

6. SAS connection string

7. vb and sas tables

8. vb and sas tables

9. Contract for SAS, VB, Oracle in Chi