How to create crystal report from Excel file
Author Message
 How to create crystal report from Excel file

Hi,
  I'm trying to create a Crystal Report from a Excel file. I'm using
CR7 and Excel 2000. But when I choose SQL/ODBC data source and select
the excel file, there is no table showing up. How to get the data from
excel, does anybody know?

Thanks

Jerry

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 08:28:49 GMT
 How to create crystal report from Excel file
Use CSV file instead. Each csv file in the directory is considered a
distinct table when you create an ODBC data source.

Quote:
> Hi,
>   I'm trying to create a crystal report from a Excel file. I'm using
> CR7 and Excel 2000. But when I choose SQL/ODBC data source and select
> the excel file, there is no table showing up. How to get the data from
> excel, does anybody know?

> Thanks

> Jerry

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 18:39:59 GMT
 How to create crystal report from Excel file
CW,
   Could you give some more detail? I don't know what is CSV file. How
can I create a CSV file or how can I convert my Excel file to CSV
file? With CSV file, how does it look like in crystal report, will
each worksheet become a SQL table and thus I can access each cell?

Thanks!

Jerry

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 07:05:17 GMT
 How to create crystal report from Excel file
CSV file is a comma delimited file. In excel, you simply go to file, save
as, and select comma delimited file type.

Quote:
> CW,
>    Could you give some more detail? I don't know what is CSV file. How
> can I create a CSV file or how can I convert my Excel file to CSV
> file? With CSV file, how does it look like in crystal report, will
> each worksheet become a SQL table and thus I can access each cell?

> Thanks!

> Jerry

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:42:17 GMT
 How to create crystal report from Excel file

Quote:

> CSV file is a comma delimited file. In excel, you simply go to file, save
> as, and select comma delimited file type.

> > CW,
> >    Could you give some more detail? I don't know what is CSV file. How
> > can I create a CSV file or how can I convert my Excel file to CSV
> > file? With CSV file, how does it look like in crystal report, will
> > each worksheet become a SQL table and thus I can access each cell?

> > Thanks!

> > Jerry

CW,
   I've tried to save my file to CSV format. First, it can only save
the active sheet. Second, it pop up an error message when I open it in
crystal report. It doesn't work. I got another problem which is my
excel file is updated with new data every day. I can't save my file to
CSV every day. Is there other problem to this problem?

Thanks!

Jerry

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:29:43 GMT
 How to create crystal report from Excel file
Each CSV file is meant to be a table. Thus, if you have multiple tabs in
your Excel file, you would certainly need to save to as many CSV files as
you have tabs.

As to data being updated, it's pretty straightforward to write some code
automate the process of converting XLS to CSV.

Quote:
> > CSV file is a comma delimited file. In excel, you simply go to file,
save
> > as, and select comma delimited file type.

> > > CW,
> > >    Could you give some more detail? I don't know what is CSV file. How
> > > can I create a CSV file or how can I convert my Excel file to CSV
> > > file? With CSV file, how does it look like in crystal report, will
> > > each worksheet become a SQL table and thus I can access each cell?

> > > Thanks!

> > > Jerry

> CW,
>    I've tried to save my file to CSV format. First, it can only save
> the active sheet. Second, it pop up an error message when I open it in
> crystal report. It doesn't work. I got another problem which is my
> excel file is updated with new data every day. I can't save my file to
> CSV every day. Is there other problem to this problem?

> Thanks!

> Jerry

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:58:34 GMT

1. Create execution file for report of Crystal Report 8.5

2. Crystal Enterprise 9 creates Excel Reports without Gridlines

3. crystal report created using xsd from an xml file

4. printing an RPT file created by crystal report

5. TO EXPORT A CRYSTAL REPORTS REPORT TO EXCEL

6. To Export a Crystal Reports report to Excel

7. crystal reports, how to create complex reports

8. Viewing report created using Crystal reports 7.0

9. How to create Title of the Report at Runtime in Crystal Report .Net

10. Creating RCAPI calls from Crystal Reports and viewing the report using a web application in .net

11. Creating Dynamic Reports - Using Crystal Reports Engine

12. Creating customized reports using Crystal Report writer