Using Crystal Reports 8.5 to Report Fields From Public Contacts Folder on Exchange 5.5 Server
Author Message
 Using Crystal Reports 8.5 to Report Fields From Public Contacts Folder on Exchange 5.5 Server

I just bought and installed 8.5 Developer edition, and before I dive in to
using it with VB or ASP, I just wanted to see if I could use the report
designer to read data from my Exchange 5.5 server.

Specifically, we have created a Public Contacts Folder with some
user-defined fields for our Sales & Marketing people.

Oddly enough, in the report designer (the wizard or "expert"), after I
successfully connect to the server and move on to the step of selecting
fields, I find that all the user-defined fields are there and a handful of
what appear to be system fields are there, but the typical first name, last
name, address, city, state & zip fields are nowhere to be found.

Reporting on the user-defined fields alone has some value, but we need at
least a few of the generic contact fields for reference.  And they just do
not appear in the list of fields from which I can choose.

If anyone else has done reporting off of an Exchange 5.5 server with Public
folders and/or user-defined fields, I would appreciate any insight or
experience you could share.

Thanks,

TWR

Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:18:28 GMT

1. Using Crystal 8.5 and VB6 -- need to get a list of fields available to the report

2. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

3. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

4. Crystal Reports 8.5 Parameter Fields

5. Crystal Reports 8.5 date range parameter field - record selection that includes null date range

6. Diary field is truncated when previewing a Crystal Reports 8.5

7. Crystal Reports 8.5 Truncates Varchar fields larger then 255 characters

8. SQL Server image fields and Crystal Reports 8.5

9. SQL Server image fields and Crystal Reports 8.5

10. Help - Trending report in the Drill-Down style in Crystal Reports 8.5

11. how can I transfer the report from Access2000 to crystal report 8.5 or VB6.0

12. Create execution file for report of Crystal Report 8.5