.Net was to do ttx file for a report?
Author Message
 .Net was to do ttx file for a report?

I am having a problem creating a report and then setting the record source
in  vb.net to a dataset.  In vb6 you used to be able to create a report in
the designer using a ttx file as the database and then cram a recordset as
the datasource of the report.  It looks to me like this functionality is
lost in .net.  Can anybody help?  Can you still use ttx files in .net?

Thanks.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:19:58 GMT
 .Net was to do ttx file for a report?
Hey Eric, I can't help you on using TTX files with .NET. Never have done it
and I doubt if CR.NET supports it very much. But if you want to know every
other way to connect to datasources, read Chapter 10 of my FREE ebook
(registration doesn't cost anything).

A Crystal Reports.NET book for programmers? Its free!
* Covers ASP.NET and Windows Forms
* Teaches all phases of report development
* Alerts you to the bugs and how to get around them
* Maps out the complex ReportDocument object model
* Shows how to perform runtime customization
* Demonstrates all options of connecting with ADO.NET
* Gives complete code listings for every concept presented

www.CrystalReportsBook.com?cpgn=ngcr_031203

HTH,

Brian Bischof

Quote:
> I am having a problem creating a report and then setting the record source
> in  vb.net to a dataset.  In vb6 you used to be able to create a report in
> the designer using a ttx file as the database and then cram a recordset as
> the datasource of the report.  It looks to me like this functionality is
> lost in .net.  Can anybody help?  Can you still use ttx files in .net?

> Thanks.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:31:24 GMT

1. i am using vb.net and crystal reports for visual studio.net

2. TTX file not picking up all lines in Crystal.NET

3. Binary files - what am I doing wrong?

4. Crystal sub-reports problem using TTX file and data tables

5. Reports created with a .ttx file

6. Saving data with report (using ttx files)

7. Converting TTX reports to Direct access DB reports

9. Error in temp file in running crystal report for .net in vb.net

10. Recordset: What am I doing wrong?

11. What am I doing wrong??

12. What am I doing wrong?