How to detect a change in Group Field
Author Message
 How to detect a change in Group Field

I am trying to detect a change in the group field. My report is group on
CODE field. But, any records belongs to group is dived into 8. That is after
printing the eight' detail line, one empty line was placed and total
calculated using a method is printed.
But, if there is change in the CODE field (i.e the group field), we have to
print an empty and then the total of last set of detail lines.

Currently my reports succesfully create sets of 8 detail lines regardless of
the change in group field.

How can detect the change in Group field?

TIA

Fawmi

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:30:43 GMT
 How to detect a change in Group Field
Use previous and next functions to look at the next or previous records
Use seperate sections, conditional suppress and variables to keep track of
the line numbers and totals.

Quote:
> I am trying to detect a change in the group field. My report is group on
> CODE field. But, any records belongs to group is dived into 8. That is
after
> printing the eight' detail line, one empty line was placed and total
> calculated using a method is printed.
> But, if there is change in the CODE field (i.e the group field), we have
> print an empty and then the total of last set of detail lines.

> Currently my reports succesfully create sets of 8 detail lines regardless
of
> the change in group field.

> How can detect the change in Group field?

> TIA

> Fawmi

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 04:04:17 GMT

1. Changing the grouping field in a report at runtime

2. use a field inside sub report as group field of primary report

3. detect group

4. Detecting if Item is in a group

5. How Detect Group Subselect

6. Detecting which nt groups I belong too with .net

7. Changing the Default duration field to a custom duration field

8. HOW TO change field size and delete field

9. Name field displayed on ID field change

10. how to change field size and delete field MS ACCESS/VB

11. Change Field object to bind to another field

12. Grouping Tool Windows: tab group or tiled group