SQL Server Error -2147192185
Author Message
 SQL Server Error -2147192185

I have a Crystal Reports 8.5 report being run from ASP using Crystal's
Automation Objects.  The backend database is Oracle 8i and I am using
Crystal's OLE DB provider (pdsoledb.dll).  The data source is an
Oracle view.

Sometimes I receive the following error when generating the report

Number: -2147192185
Source: Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer

If I try to run the exact same report again, it works fine.  I would
say it happens every 15-20th time for no apparent reason!

The following is the listing of the code I use that generates the
error.  The error occurs on the Export method call.

Set oApp = Server.CreateObject("CrystalRuntime.Application")
Set oRpt = oApp.OpenReport(strReportFullPath, 1)
oRpt.MorePrintEngineErrorMessages = False
oRpt.EnableParameterPrompting = False
oRpt.DiscardSavedData

With oRpt.ExportOptions
        .DiskFileName = strExportFile
        .FormatType = crEFTPortableDocFormat
        .DestinationType = 1 'disk
End With
Call oRpt.Database.Tables.Item(1).SetLogOnInfo _
   (strDataSource, , cstr(strUserId), cstr(strPassword))
Call oRpt.Export(False)

Any help in determining the cause of that error is greatly
appreciated!  Thanks.

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:54:43 GMT
 SQL Server Error -2147192185
I would highly recommend you engage Crystal's own technical support
personnel for a quick response to this issue, should you not receive a good
response. Microsoft does not support Crystal Reports, although an early
version of it is bundled with Visual Studio. Sorry we can't be of more help!

Steven Bras, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

reserved.

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:42:18 GMT

1. Error 20527 : SQL Server Error

2. Error 534 errors with SQL Server

3. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

4. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

5. Error 20639: SQL Expression error - Error in creating SQL Expression COM Parser (cpeaut32)

6. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

7. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

8. VB Sql Server Via ADO Problem: [Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]

9. VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2

10. Using Vbscript and SQL-DMO to connect to SQL Server and run a T-SQL script

11. SQL Server Error Message in Access

12. SQL Server Error 0: cannot generate SSPI context