CR 6.0 and CR 7.0
Author Message
 CR 6.0 and CR 7.0

This might be a dumb question, but can CR 6.0 generate reports created in
7.0?

Here is the problem, I have CR 7.0 up and running locally and am able to use
all the web features and such. I used ReCrystallize to generate all the
necessary stuff after I built the reports, which connect to a Access 97
database(DSN actually). I used the ASP feature in ReCrystallize

Everything works fine through my browser, IE 4.0. and Windows 98

Now my client says everything is up and running, report server, image
server, on their web server (CR 6.0) and I can test it using the test
reports through my browser, so I believe them.

But when trying to using the reports that I built, an error gets genereated
saying report object can't be opened....

Any ideas about where I start troubleshooting at. This is the first time
I've tried to implement CR, so I might be missing something basic.

Thanks

Brett

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CR 6.0 and CR 7.0
Hi Brett,

Crystal 6 cannot open a Crystal 7 report.  There are pretty much two solutions.
Either redo your reports in version 6 or have your clients upgrade to version 7.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Quote:

> This might be a dumb question, but can CR 6.0 generate reports created in
> 7.0?

> Here is the problem, I have CR 7.0 up and running locally and am able to use
> all the web features and such. I used ReCrystallize to generate all the
> necessary stuff after I built the reports, which connect to a Access 97
> database(DSN actually). I used the ASP feature in ReCrystallize

> Everything works fine through my browser, IE 4.0. and Windows 98

> Now my client says everything is up and running, report server, image
> server, on their web server (CR 6.0) and I can test it using the test
> reports through my browser, so I believe them.

> But when trying to using the reports that I built, an error gets genereated
> saying report object can't be opened....

> Any ideas about where I start troubleshooting at. This is the first time
> I've tried to implement CR, so I might be missing something basic.

> Thanks

> Brett

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Upgrading from CR 6.0 to CR 7.0

2. VB 6.0 : CR 7.0 - [Cancel] CR

3. CR 6.0 Report upgraded to CR 7.0 report has formatting issues

4. Upgraded CR 6.0 Report to CR 7.0 got formatting issues

5. C.R. 6.0 and 7.0 crash when number of pags over 32768

6. Prointing problem CR 7.0 VB 6.0 w/ ADO

7. Filter dates between VB 6.0 and CR 6.0 from *.qry

8. DNS'less connection CR 8.5 to SQL 7.0 - 2000

9. CR 7.0 and SQL Server 2000

10. Jet version supported in CR 7.0

11. Sqr function in CR 7.0?

12. HTML links CR 7.0