Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
Author Message
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file

Hi,
I've been having problems with INET-control, the OpenURL Method Doesn't
Download Complete Files. I have found the MSDN-article Q171828, but the
problem should have been fixed since VB5 SP2. Well, it seems it has not been
fixed. I use VB6 Professional + SP3, the problem remains the same. A while
ago I have completely re-installed VB + SP, but it didn't help. See the
sample code.

Best of all, it worked some 4 or 5 months ago, so I think some installer may
have overwritten a DLL or OCX which has to do something with the
INET-control. But I don't know when and how it happened.

There's no response from Microsoft bug servise, I asked them several times
to help me. They must be blind and deaf, there in Redmond... :-(((

Any ideas? TIA.

Vlado

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim i As Integer, volny
Dim binarydata() As Byte
Dim Zdroj As String

    Inet1.Protocol = icHTTP
    For i = 1 To 2
      volny = FreeFile
      Zdroj = Choose(i, " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;, _

" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;)
      binarydata() = Inet1.OpenURL(Zdroj, icByteArray)
      Open App.Path & "\" & Choose(i, "streda.dbf", "nedele.dbf") For Binary
Access Write As #volny
      Put #volny, , binarydata()
      Close #volny
   Next i
   Beep

End Sub

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
I'm also using VB6_SP3 and your program ran perfectly.  I'm wondering
if you haven't somehow replaced your good version of the control with
an older version ?  I'll be happy to send you my control if you want to
try it to see if you have a broken control.

Paul

Quote:
> Hi,
> I've been having problems with INET-control, the OpenURL Method
Doesn't
> Download Complete Files. I have found the MSDN-article Q171828, but
the
> problem should have been fixed since VB5 SP2. Well, it seems it has
not been
> fixed. I use VB6 Professional + SP3, the problem remains the same. A
while
> ago I have completely re-installed VB + SP, but it didn't help. See
the
> sample code.

> Best of all, it worked some 4 or 5 months ago, so I think some
installer may
> have overwritten a DLL or OCX which has to do something with the
> INET-control. But I don't know when and how it happened.

> There's no response from Microsoft bug servise, I asked them several
times
> to help me. They must be blind and deaf, there in Redmond... :-(((

> Any ideas? TIA.

> Vlado

> Private Sub Command1_Click()
> Dim i As Integer, volny
> Dim binarydata() As Byte
> Dim Zdroj As String

>     Inet1.Protocol = icHTTP
>     For i = 1 To 2
>       volny = FreeFile
>       Zdroj = Choose(i, "http://www.sazka.cz/data/sportka-
streda.dbf", _

> "http://www.sazka.cz/data/sportka-nedele.dbf")
>       binarydata() = Inet1.OpenURL(Zdroj, icByteArray)
>       Open App.Path & "\" & Choose(i, "streda.dbf", "nedele.dbf") For
Binary
> Access Write As #volny
>       Put #volny, , binarydata()
>       Close #volny
>    Next i
>    Beep

> End Sub

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
Thank you, Paul, I have already tried that. I know that the code runs on
another machines - I even copied the MSINET.OCX + MSINET.DEP and
re-registered this OCX, but that's not all. At now, I think the best way is
to re-install Windows and all the applications... but I still hope there
MUST be a solution. And, of course, I HATE RE-INSTALLATION!!! I'll wait a
little while...

Thank you again.

Vlado

Quote:
> I'm also using VB6_SP3 and your program ran perfectly.  I'm wondering
> if you haven't somehow replaced your good version of the control with
> an older version ?  I'll be happy to send you my control if you want to
> try it to see if you have a broken control.

> Paul

> > Hi,
> > I've been having problems with INET-control, the OpenURL Method
> Doesn't
> > Download Complete Files. I have found the MSDN-article Q171828, but
> the
> > problem should have been fixed since VB5 SP2. Well, it seems it has
> not been
> > fixed. I use VB6 Professional + SP3, the problem remains the same. A
> while
> > ago I have completely re-installed VB + SP, but it didn't help. See
> the
> > sample code.

> > Best of all, it worked some 4 or 5 months ago, so I think some
> installer may
> > have overwritten a DLL or OCX which has to do something with the
> > INET-control. But I don't know when and how it happened.

> > There's no response from Microsoft bug servise, I asked them several
> times
> > to help me. They must be blind and deaf, there in Redmond... :-(((

> > Any ideas? TIA.

> > Vlado

> > Private Sub Command1_Click()
> > Dim i As Integer, volny
> > Dim binarydata() As Byte
> > Dim Zdroj As String

> >     Inet1.Protocol = icHTTP
> >     For i = 1 To 2
> >       volny = FreeFile
> >       Zdroj = Choose(i, "http://www.sazka.cz/data/sportka-
> streda.dbf", _

> > "http://www.sazka.cz/data/sportka-nedele.dbf")
> >       binarydata() = Inet1.OpenURL(Zdroj, icByteArray)
> >       Open App.Path & "\" & Choose(i, "streda.dbf", "nedele.dbf") For
> Binary
> > Access Write As #volny
> >       Put #volny, , binarydata()
> >       Close #volny
> >    Next i
> >    Beep

> > End Sub

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
Is the download breaking off at the same place every time, Vlado?  You
mentioned that it had been working on this machine before could this be
some sort of time-out problem?

Reinstalling is a rather drastic action I'd sure keep that as a last
resort type thing!

I'll keep thinking maybe we can comeup with a less drastic solution.

Paul

Quote:
> Thank you, Paul, I have already tried that. I know that the code runs
on
> another machines - I even copied the MSINET.OCX + MSINET.DEP and
> re-registered this OCX, but that's not all. At now, I think the best
way is
> to re-install Windows and all the applications... but I still hope
there
> MUST be a solution. And, of course, I HATE RE-INSTALLATION!!! I'll
wait a
> little while...

> Thank you again.

> Vlado

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
No timeout, I suppose. I have full version of VB6+SP3 Pro. But as I can
remember, once I installed VB5 Control Creation Edition over the VB6. Hmm,
this may be the problem. But I have uninstalled the VB5 CCE and re-installed
VB6+SP3 since then.

Thank you for your time.

Vlado

Quote:
> Is the download breaking off at the same place every time, Vlado?  You
> mentioned that it had been working on this machine before could this be
> some sort of time-out problem?

> Reinstalling is a rather drastic action I'd sure keep that as a last
> resort type thing!

> I'll keep thinking maybe we can comeup with a less drastic solution.

> Paul

> > Thank you, Paul, I have already tried that. I know that the code runs
> on
> > another machines - I even copied the MSINET.OCX + MSINET.DEP and
> > re-registered this OCX, but that's not all. At now, I think the best
> way is
> > to re-install Windows and all the applications... but I still hope
> there
> > MUST be a solution. And, of course, I HATE RE-INSTALLATION!!! I'll
> wait a
> > little while...

> > Thank you again.

> > Vlado

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
When you re-installed VB6 did you respond with "YES" to every query as
to wether you wanted to overwrite existing files?  Could it be that you
inadvertendly allowed an outdated dll or ocx to remain?

Just thinking outloud.

Paul

Quote:
> No timeout, I suppose. I have full version of VB6+SP3 Pro. But as I
can
> remember, once I installed VB5 Control Creation Edition over the VB6.
Hmm,
> this may be the problem. But I have uninstalled the VB5 CCE and re-
installed
> VB6+SP3 since then.

> Thank you for your time.

> Vlado

> > Is the download breaking off at the same place every time, Vlado?
You
> > mentioned that it had been working on this machine before could
this be
> > some sort of time-out problem?

> > Reinstalling is a rather drastic action I'd sure keep that as a last
> > resort type thing!

> > I'll keep thinking maybe we can comeup with a less drastic solution.

> > Paul

> > > Thank you, Paul, I have already tried that. I know that the code
runs
> > on
> > > another machines - I even copied the MSINET.OCX + MSINET.DEP and
> > > re-registered this OCX, but that's not all. At now, I think the
best
> > way is
> > > to re-install Windows and all the applications... but I still hope
> > there
> > > MUST be a solution. And, of course, I HATE RE-INSTALLATION!!! I'll
> > wait a
> > > little while...

> > > Thank you again.

> > > Vlado

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
If you using IE5, you should update IE5 -> IE5.1

- Jani

Quote:

>> Hi,
>> I've been having problems with INET-control, the OpenURL Method
>Doesn't
>> Download Complete Files. I have found the MSDN-article Q171828, but
>the
>> problem should have been fixed since VB5 SP2. Well, it seems it has
>not been
>> fixed. I use VB6 Professional + SP3, the problem remains the same. A
>while
>> ago I have completely re-installed VB + SP, but it didn't help. See
>the
>> sample code.

>> Best of all, it worked some 4 or 5 months ago, so I think some
>installer may
>> have overwritten a DLL or OCX which has to do something with the
>> INET-control. But I don't know when and how it happened.

>> There's no response from Microsoft bug servise, I asked them several
>times
>> to help me. They must be blind and deaf, there in Redmond... :-(((

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
Yes, I'm using IE5.0 CZ, I'm affraid I haven't seen IE5.1 CZ. BTW I can't
expect all the end users would have this version, the minimum for my program
always has been IE4.0.
If only I knew the reason... I let the installer overwrite everything except
Czech version of DLL's (and all that HELL-stuff). I think I could try to
install SP2 for VB5 over the existing VB6+SP3 and then to re-install
VB6+SP3, but this could kill my system, what do you think?

Thank you all.

Vlado

Quote:
> If you using IE5, you should update IE5 -> IE5.1

> - Jani

> >> Hi,
> >> I've been having problems with INET-control, the OpenURL Method
> >Doesn't
> >> Download Complete Files. I have found the MSDN-article Q171828, but
> >the
> >> problem should have been fixed since VB5 SP2. Well, it seems it has
> >not been
> >> fixed. I use VB6 Professional + SP3, the problem remains the same. A
> >while
> >> ago I have completely re-installed VB + SP, but it didn't help. See
> >the
> >> sample code.

> >> Best of all, it worked some 4 or 5 months ago, so I think some
> >installer may
> >> have overwritten a DLL or OCX which has to do something with the
> >> INET-control. But I don't know when and how it happened.

> >> There's no response from Microsoft bug servise, I asked them several
> >times
> >> to help me. They must be blind and deaf, there in Redmond... :-(((

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
INET Control works fine IE4. Problem is when you install IE5 that update
your wininet.dll. And that is your problem that wininet.dll, has some bug.
INET control using wininet.dll and that way INET control not working great.

INET Control works fine if end-user using IE3.1 - IE5.1 but not IE5.

I hope you understand what I said.

- Jani

Quote:

>Yes, I'm using IE5.0 CZ, I'm affraid I haven't seen IE5.1 CZ. BTW I can't
>expect all the end users would have this version, the minimum for my
program
>always has been IE4.0.
>If only I knew the reason... I let the installer overwrite everything
except
>Czech version of DLL's (and all that HELL-stuff). I think I could try to
>install SP2 for VB5 over the existing VB6+SP3 and then to re-install
>VB6+SP3, but this could kill my system, what do you think?

>Thank you all.

>Vlado

>> If you using IE5, you should update IE5 -> IE5.1

>> - Jani

>> >Doesn't
>> >the
>> >not been
>> >while
>> >the

>> >installer may

>> >times

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
Hi, Jani,
it's a great idea, I woudn't expect a bug like that in IE!!! I'll look out
for the 5.1 and will let you know here ASAP.

Thank you very much.

Vlado

Quote:
> INET Control works fine IE4. Problem is when you install IE5 that update
> your wininet.dll. And that is your problem that wininet.dll, has some bug.
> INET control using wininet.dll and that way INET control not working
great.

> INET Control works fine if end-user using IE3.1 - IE5.1 but not IE5.

> I hope you understand what I said.

> - Jani

> >Yes, I'm using IE5.0 CZ, I'm affraid I haven't seen IE5.1 CZ. BTW I can't
> >expect all the end users would have this version, the minimum for my
> program
> >always has been IE4.0.
> >If only I knew the reason... I let the installer overwrite everything
> except
> >Czech version of DLL's (and all that HELL-stuff). I think I could try to
> >install SP2 for VB5 over the existing VB6+SP3 and then to re-install
> >VB6+SP3, but this could kill my system, what do you think?

> >Thank you all.

> >Vlado

> >> If you using IE5, you should update IE5 -> IE5.1

> >> - Jani

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
I have tried my code on another computer with IE5 and it works. So it's not
about IE5, I suppose.

Vlado

Quote:
> Hi, Jani,
> it's a great idea, I woudn't expect a bug like that in IE!!! I'll look out
> for the 5.1 and will let you know here ASAP.

> Thank you very much.

> Vlado

> > INET Control works fine IE4. Problem is when you install IE5 that update
> > your wininet.dll. And that is your problem that wininet.dll, has some
bug.
> > INET control using wininet.dll and that way INET control not working
> great.

> > INET Control works fine if end-user using IE3.1 - IE5.1 but not IE5.

> > I hope you understand what I said.

> > - Jani

> > >Yes, I'm using IE5.0 CZ, I'm affraid I haven't seen IE5.1 CZ. BTW I
can't
> > >expect all the end users would have this version, the minimum for my
> > program
> > >always has been IE4.0.
> > >If only I knew the reason... I let the installer overwrite everything
> > except
> > >Czech version of DLL's (and all that HELL-stuff). I think I could try
> > >install SP2 for VB5 over the existing VB6+SP3 and then to re-install
> > >VB6+SP3, but this could kill my system, what do you think?

> > >Thank you all.

> > >Vlado

See

Wed, 23 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file

Quote:

>I have tried my code on another computer with IE5 and it works. So it's not
>about IE5, I suppose.

Yes, looks like it. Try re-install IE5. That is my suggestion.

- Jani

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with INET control - can't download the whole file
Unfortunatelly, I can't re-install IE5. When I try to do that, a message
appears on the screen telling me I already have the latest version
installed. This really is HELL!!!
At this time my PC is configured for distributing an Access97 apllication -
beta 3, I can't reinstall all that stuff now.
Vlado

Quote:

> >I have tried my code on another computer with IE5 and it works. So it's
not
> >about IE5, I suppose.

> Yes, looks like it. Try re-install IE5. That is my suggestion.

> - Jani

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. inet control - can't download a file

2. Can't download file using Inet control.

3. ' INet control not download full page

4. ' INet control not downloading full page

5. ' INet control not downloading full page

6. Download progress file with inet control

7. Q: Download files simultanious using Inet Transver Control

8. How can I prevent Inet Control to use cache while downloading a file using http protocol

9. Download files via ftp and http using Inet Control in VB 6.0

10. Download file with INET control

11. Downloading files with Inet control

12. Download Files from VAX system on LAN using INET Control