Change IP
Author Message
 Change IP

Does anyone know if there is any way for you to make a program that gives
your computer a virtual or fake IP address so you can maintain privacy while
surfing the internet?

Your help would be much appreciated.
_________________________________
Arjun Lall

www.converted.net

_________________________________

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Change IP
Arjun, I respect your desire to be anonymous while traveling the virtual
badlands of {*filter*}space. Having had to abandon good e-mail aliases as a
result of the commercial equivelent of {*filter*}-stalking has given me a sense
of how much care needs to be given to where one travels (why would we expect
our virtual worlds to be any different from the original?). What you might
consider is that the Internet (I suspect what you are really referring to
here is the WWW layer) architecture requires all active IP's to be servers.
Remember that while 'surfing' the net, other layers of the Internet are
relying heavily on IP address resolution (you know, like delivering packets
to the correct IP address).

Yes, the design of the internet enables masquerading. Typically, though, the
are not exposed through the Browser interface server (your browser being an
internet server). Do you have a more fully featured web server on your
machine? Are you planning to write one? Let's assume your going to be doing
this in VB. There are some problems looming before us here. Visual Basic is
premier COM Automation Controller. I doubt the functionality your seeking
has been conveniently exposed through a CoClass in a public domain library.
I could be wrong, but I've never seen anything like:

ShDocVw.TcpIP.MaskedIP(ByVal strIP As String)

How about it, Microsoft?

Quote:
> Does anyone know if there is any way for you to make a program that gives
> your computer a virtual or fake IP address so you can maintain privacy
while
> surfing the internet?

> Your help would be much appreciated.
> _________________________________
> Arjun Lall

> www.converted.net

> _________________________________

Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Change IP
One word - UNIX

Cheers,

Kris

Quote:
> Does anyone know if there is any way for you to make a program that gives
> your computer a virtual or fake IP address so you can maintain privacy
while
> surfing the internet?

> Your help would be much appreciated.
> _________________________________
> Arjun Lall

> www.converted.net

> _________________________________

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Change IP
http://www.inetprivacy.com/welcome.htm
Quote:

>Does anyone know if there is any way for you to make a program that gives
>your computer a virtual or fake IP address so you can maintain privacy while
>surfing the internet?

>Your help would be much appreciated.
>_________________________________
>Arjun Lall

>www.converted.net

>_________________________________

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Change IP or Set Static IP

2. How to change IP address programatically

3. Changing IP, Subnet, Gateway

4. HOW to change IP adress in Visual Basic..

5. W2K VB or VBScript to change IP

6. Change IP?

7. HOW to change IP adress in Visual Basic..

8. Programatically change IP routing info (route add)

9. POP Quiz, Change IP config (Static/DHCP) Remotely

10. Change IP address via script?

11. Changing IP/DNS/GATEWAY info on the fly in Win2k

12. Changing IP Adress