Command (DOS or NT Command Shell) Prompt
Author Message
 Command (DOS or NT Command Shell) Prompt

No, but you can create Console Windows of your own using the Console
Functions (in MSDN, under I/O in the Platform SDK). There are some samples
in old (+6 months) letter in microsoft.public.winapi

Command Prompts don't even respond to SendKeys.

Quote:
> Is there a way in VB6 to grab / monitor / send text to the Command Line
> within 95/98 and NT?  Get the ERRORLEVEL of something, etc...?  Basically,
> completely manipulate, monitor and interact with a Command Line
(Command.com
> and CMD.EXE) using VB6 ?

> Thanks
> Jason

Wed, 06 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Command (DOS or NT Command Shell) Prompt
Yes, you can.

See L.J. Johnson's website ( http://home.flash.net/~ljjohnsn/ ) for details
on how to write a console app in VB. In particular, note that the header
info in your compiled EXE must be modified if you want to execute it from
the command line and be able to interact with it. He has an example that
will do this.

If you want to Shell out to cmd.exe and capture the results, then you can
use CreateProcess with an anonymous pipe and redirect the output of cmd.exe
from stdout to the pipe. Your app then reads the pipe to capture the output.

Peter Young

Quote:
> Is there a way in VB6 to grab / monitor / send text to the Command Line
> within 95/98 and NT?  Get the ERRORLEVEL of something, etc...?  Basically,
> completely manipulate, monitor and interact with a Command Line
(Command.com
> and CMD.EXE) using VB6 ?

> Thanks
> Jason

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Command (DOS or NT Command Shell) Prompt

2. Command (DOS or NT Command Shell) Prompt

3. Command (DOS or NT Command Shell) Prompt

4. Command (DOS or NT Command Shell) Prompt

5. Command (DOS or NT Command Shell) Prompt

6. vb shell command to replace dos command

7. Dos command without opening DOS-PROMPT window ??

8. Run a DOS command and Get output of a DOS command in VB5

9. Accessing the MS Dos Command Prompt from VBA

10. Help on sending command to dos-prompt

11. Where is my MS-DOS command prompt?

12. How to close VB Shell command prompt window?