URGENT - I need help with Wininet API Calls
Author Message
 URGENT - I need help with Wininet API Calls

Help,

I'm trying to use the wininet API in VB.  I've tried to create my own VB
function definitions from the C wininet.h file, and had some success.

Except I can't get any of the Auto dial functions working.  The SDK say that
functions like InternetAttemptConnect and InternetAutoDial will bring up the
default network dialing connection.  It works in the IDE, but nothing
happens int the COMPILED version.  I don't get any errors, either from the
Err obj or GetLastResponse.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is how the API  calls  are supposed to
work?  Are they not available to VB?
Am I going crazy?

Thanks for any help.........

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 URGENT - I need help with Wininet API Calls

What version of VB are you using??  What OS??  What compiler options are you
using?   I read somewhere that the auto-dialer won't work on a 16 bit model,
only on the 32 bit models. Don't know that it's true, but I read it.

Quote:

>Help,

<snip>
Quote:
>It works in the IDE, but nothing
>happens int the COMPILED version.  I don't get any errors, either from the
>Err obj or GetLastResponse.

>Am I wrong in thinking that this is how the API  calls  are supposed to
>work?  Are they not available to VB?

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 URGENT - I need help with Wininet API Calls

Hi, thanks for the response.  I was starting to think that no one saw the
posting
I's using VB5-SP3, Win95 OSR2.

I've kinda' mismashed calls to the API and the Inet control into another
activeX control.  I had some problems with the SEND/POST command so i
replaced them with my own function.

Some of the functions definintions I derived from the C wininet header file.
Most of them work but, the CurrentWorkingDir dosn't return anything, just an
error stating that the buffer wasn't big enough (Dim strCurrDir As String *
MAX_PATH).  Tried everyting and no luck.

The InternetAutodial call just dosn't dial.

Is there a Wininet.MDB file for the API viewer?

Thanks for any info.

>What version of VB are you using??  What OS??  What compiler options are
you
>using?   I read somewhere that the auto-dialer won't work on a 16 bit
model,
>only on the 32 bit models. Don't know that it's true, but I read it.

>>Help,

><snip>

>>It works in the IDE, but nothing
>>happens int the COMPILED version.  I don't get any errors, either from the
>>Err obj or GetLastResponse.

>>Am I wrong in thinking that this is how the API  calls  are supposed to
>>work?  Are they not available to VB?

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT - Help, How do start the default INETNET CONNECTION using either Inet or Wininet API call

2. I need help with WININET API calls

3. Help needed POSTing to SSL server using wininet.dll API calls

4. I need help with WININET API calls

5. HELP: Need help with wininet.dll calls!

6. I need help with WININET calls

7. NEED HELP with WinInet API

8. Help!!! Need help with Menu API calls

9. Initiating a dial up connection w/ Inet control or wininet API calls

10. Asynchronious call wininet API in VB

11. Asynchronious call wininet API in VB

12. Asynchronious call wininet API in VB