How to Keep html page displaying (on top)
Author Message
 How to Keep html page displaying (on top)

I am using VB6 and pdw to create Internet Package. While downloading the
package on the client machine, I open a splash html page. But it disappears
after 1 second and a grey page (blank page) displays.
How can I  keep the splash html page displaying while downloading the
package?

Thanks
Khodr

Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Keep html page displaying (on top)
Try the following code:

'//------------------------------------------------------------------------
[General Declarations]
Private Declare Function GetForegroundWindow Lib "user32" () As Long
Private Declare Function SetForegroundWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As
Long) As Long
Private Declare Function GetWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal
hCmd As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long,
ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long, ByVal cx As
Long, ByVal cy As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long) As Long

Friend Function AlwaysOnTop() As Integer

    Dim hwndCurr As Long
    Dim rtnCode As Integer

    rtnCode = -1

    On Error GoTo AlwaysOnTop_Error

    'anchor the form at the left bottom of the screen
    frmMain.Top = Screen.Height - frmMain.Height - 400
    frmMain.Left = 50

    frmMain.Width = Screen.Width - 100
    'set the form in the forground at all times
    frmMain.Show
    frmMain.SetFocus
    hwndCurr = GetForegroundWindow()

    If hwndCurr > 0 Then
        rtnCode = SetForegroundWindow(hwndCurr)
    End If

    If rtnCode = 0 Then             'SetForegroundWindow should return 0 if
it is already in fore ground
        rtnCode = SetWindowPos(hwndCurr, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0,
constMySetWinPosFlags)
    End If

    Debug.Print "Top: " & CStr(frmMain.Top) & ", Screen Width:" &
CStr(frmMain.Width) & _
                ", RtnCode: "; CStr(rtnCode)

    AlwaysOnTop = rtnCode

    Exit Function

AlwaysOnTop_Error:

    Debug.Print "Error in SetFormStuff, Error: " & Err.Description

    AlwaysOnTop = -1

End Function
'//------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps!!

Dave Morse

Quote:
> I am using VB6 and pdw to create Internet Package. While downloading the
> package on the client machine, I open a splash html page. But it
disappears
> after 1 second and a grey page (blank page) displays.
> How can I  keep the splash html page displaying while downloading the
> package?

> Thanks
> Khodr

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to Keep html page displaying (on top)

2. How to Keep html page displaying (on top)

3. Keep html page displaying while using PDW?

4. Keep html page displaying while using PDW?

5. Keep html page displaying while using PDW?

6. Display task list as HTML folder home page

7. component for display an html page

8. To displaying NULL database values on an HTML page

9. Displaying database fields in HTML page

10. Displaying an HTML Page in a Control

11. display a html page in VB5?

12. Download OCX-files without displaying on an HTML page