IE does not recognize vbd files
Author Message
 IE does not recognize vbd files

I have created an ActiveX document and deployed it using the Package and
Deployment Wizard in VB 6.0  The package includes the VB 60 run time files.

On some workstations the document installs and runs fine.  On others the
Internet Explorer just asks if I want to down load the vbd file or run it.
If I answer run then it asks what application to use to run it.  It doesn't
seem to recognize that this is an activex document.

Any other suggestions?

Tue, 12 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IE does not recognize vbd files
The client browser must have security set for the appropriate zone that will
allow the component to be downloaded.  Recall that the VBD file must
interface with the DLL or EXE that you built.  That DLL or EXE must be
downloaded and installed on the client machine.  For that to happen,
security settings on the browser must allow it.  I have found CUSTOM
security to be useful.  Set all ActiveX options to appropriate values.  Of
course, it also makes sense to digitally sign the cab file which the PDW
creates.  Otherwise, your client machines are going to be really exposed.

Joe

Quote:

>I have created an ActiveX document and deployed it using the Package and
>Deployment Wizard in VB 6.0  The package includes the VB 60 run time files.

>On some workstations the document installs and runs fine.  On others the
>Internet Explorer just asks if I want to down load the vbd file or run it.
>If I answer run then it asks what application to use to run it.  It doesn't
>seem to recognize that this is an activex document.

>Any other suggestions?

Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IE does not recognize vbd files
how do you go about signing CAB files?

Quote:
> The client browser must have security set for the appropriate zone
that will
> allow the component to be downloaded.  Recall that the VBD file must
> interface with the DLL or EXE that you built.  That DLL or EXE must be
> downloaded and installed on the client machine.  For that to happen,
> security settings on the browser must allow it.  I have found CUSTOM
> security to be useful.  Set all ActiveX options to appropriate
values.  Of
> course, it also makes sense to digitally sign the cab file which the
PDW
> creates.  Otherwise, your client machines are going to be really
exposed.

> Joe

> >I have created an ActiveX document and deployed it using the Package
and
> >Deployment Wizard in VB 6.0  The package includes the VB 60 run time
files.

> >On some workstations the document installs and runs fine.  On others
the
> >Internet Explorer just asks if I want to down load the vbd file or
run it.
> >If I answer run then it asks what application to use to run it.  It
doesn't
> >seem to recognize that this is an activex document.

> >Any other suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. IE does not recognize vbd files

2. VBD file not recognized

3. VBD file not recognized???

4. vbd file not recognized

5. vbd file not recognized

6. VBD file not recognized

7. VBD document is not loaded automatically from IE

8. VBD document is not loaded automatically from IE

9. VBD document is not loaded automatically from IE

10. Can't run VBD files (ActiveX document) in IE

11. .VBD files and IE - Help!!

12. VB5, VBD files, and IE 3 question