Interacting Web pages with PC
Author Message
 Interacting Web pages with PC

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've had a client request, and I
want to know how to approach the problem.

I want something to appear on our (intranet HTML) app that interacts
with the local environment of the PC running the app.

1) Is an ActiveX control the thing I want to place on the page.
2) Can anyone point me at good primers for developing ActiveX VB
Controls ?

I am not a very experienced VB programmer (lots of other odd
languages, but I tend usually not to get too 'under the hood' with
windoze).

More specifically - some kind of button is required on a page that
will a) scrape a phone number off the page (Shouldn't be *too* hard)
and b) locally use that phone number to dial the telephone plugged
into the users modem socket.

I know b) can be done somehow, as some contact managers do it (see

Primers, advice, snippets gratefully received.

David.

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:25:06 GMT

1. Interacting with web page

2. Need tips on setting up web-pages interacting with SQL database

3. Find user info on a pc when a web page is viewed

4. IE5.5 + OCX + web page won't display on some PC's

5. pass a form from web page to web page

6. pass a form from web page to web page

7. Interacting with the Outlook built in web browser

8. Interacting with the Outlook built in web browser

9. VB4.0, How do I make a form interact with the Web

10. An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of

11. interact between activex control and html page

12. interact between activex control and html page