Winsock: How does client tell server it is disconnecting
Author Message
 Winsock: How does client tell server it is disconnecting

I am programming in VB. I have a streaming video server so I don't want to
disconnect the client after every frame sent. So, how does the client tell
the server it is closing? I tried to SendData back from the client using the
Winsock connection from the server, but it complains about that?

Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock: How does client tell server it is disconnecting
hi,
you can put something
in the close event for the server like that:

sub winsockServer _close()
  '  your code
end sub

Quote:
> I am programming in VB. I have a streaming video server so I don't want to
> disconnect the client after every frame sent. So, how does the client tell
> the server it is closing? I tried to SendData back from the client using
the
> Winsock connection from the server, but it complains about that?

Tue, 06 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please tell me what I am doing wrong - DAO parameter Append Query :(

2. Will somebody tell me what I am doing wrong with this ListView Control

3. tell another program i am done

4. Detecting disconnected Terminal Server Client

5. How can I tell the properties of a socket (which client sent something to a server)

6. Where is work done on client or server?

7. Doing DCC (direct client to client) tranfers with a VB program

8. winsock control: determine server's port from client

9. winsock code sample for client-server in .Net

10. winsock help..client and server

11. Winsock API client server app

12. Server/Client with Winsock Control.