BandWidth Control By Software
Author Message
 BandWidth Control By Software

Any one know any software to control Bandwidth ??

A have 2Mbit  Wan and i have my LAn with 4 Servers connect to internet with
Webservers , Mail servers FTp Server Sql Servers etc...
Is any software to control bandwidth to any 4 Machines or Load Balancing by
IP adress
or by PORT number

i need Any Sugestion for w2k or linux or anythink

i'm able to connect a machine to do this service only

Thanks

Jorge Oliveira

Tue, 17 May 2005 21:52:57 GMT
 BandWidth Control By Software
Hi,

Try FloodGate-1 from CheckPoint Technologies you can request an eval CD from
thier website www.checkpoint.com

Will run on Windows, UNIX and Linux.

Thanks,

Seetal.

Quote:
> Any one know any software to control Bandwidth ??

> A have 2Mbit  Wan and i have my LAn with 4 Servers connect to internet
with
> Webservers , Mail servers FTp Server Sql Servers etc...
> Is any software to control bandwidth to any 4 Machines or Load Balancing
by
> IP adress
> or by PORT number

> i need Any Sugestion for w2k or linux or anythink

> i'm able to connect a machine to do this service only

> Thanks

> Jorge Oliveira

Wed, 18 May 2005 01:35:49 GMT
 BandWidth Control By Software
Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000 by Microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/default.asp

(Watch for line wrap)

Nuno Filipe

Quote:
> Any one know any software to control Bandwidth ??

> A have 2Mbit  Wan and i have my LAn with 4 Servers connect to internet
with
> Webservers , Mail servers FTp Server Sql Servers etc...
> Is any software to control bandwidth to any 4 Machines or Load Balancing
by
> IP adress
> or by PORT number

> i need Any Sugestion for w2k or linux or anythink

> i'm able to connect a machine to do this service only

> Thanks

> Jorge Oliveira

Wed, 18 May 2005 02:37:59 GMT
 BandWidth Control By Software

Quote:
> i need Any Sugestion for w2k or linux or anythink

For Linux, use Linux Advanced Traffic Control, built into the kernel.
imposing because it's so powerful.

Check out the "WonderShaper" there; it's a shell script that configures a
residential gateway for "fair" sharing. The stock Linux traffic control
uses a simple packet FIFO. The WonderShaper installs a 3-level priority
system, with each level allocated a chunk of guaranteed bandwidth (it can
"borrow" unused bandwidth from the other two) and within each level a per-
connection round-robin bucket system is used. The readme for the
WonderShaper is quite informative on how it all works.

I'd be interested in hearing what equivalent capabilities exist in the
Windows stacks.

--
Kenneth Porter
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/

Sat, 21 May 2005 16:03:50 GMT

1. Controlled Bandwidth File Copy

2. Bandwidth in N-Tiered Solution

3. How to measure network bandwidth consumed by db application

4. Bandwidth requirements for MS Access on a network?

5. Monitoring bandwidth

6. throttling bandwidth using VB

7. Bandwidth Question With VB6

8. Throttled Bandwidth File Copy

9. Need ideas on saving bandwidth with client app....

10. Measuring Bandwidth

11. limit Remote OLE Automation/DCOM bandwidth?

12. What api to monitor bandwidth