.VBD files and IE - Help!!
Author Message
 .VBD files and IE - Help!!

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with UserDocuments created from VB5-SP3.

I'm trying to create one and then load it up on IE3.02 around our companies
intranet. So, I created a basic one with a button on it and loading the .vbd
file in IE  on my own PC is fine.

Then I created an "Internet Download setup" using VB's App Setup Wizard.

However, when I try it on a PC without any VB5 runtime files, loading it via
the .htm file the wizard creates the browser doesn't download the runtime
files and asks what to do with the .vbd file.

I pointed the wizard to a UNC name for the .cab files and I get varied
errors. I have had "Wrong Version of Runtime dll" which was the closest to
working I had!  An IE4 browser said "permission denied" on the .vbd file.

Are there any micky-mouse guides to this?  (I've tried the one on MSDN and I
can't get it working!!)  Am I doing something obvious someone could spot
wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Mon, 22 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 .VBD files and IE - Help!!
I am having the same problem as many users have described in previous posts.
I guess the main question is, has ANYONE done this sucessfully,  including
BETA testers at Microsoft.  This is not ment to be funny.  I am dead serious
and frusterated with this.   We are finishing up  on a project, and the
hardest thing to do is deploy the control.

If ANYONE has done this please drop the newgroup a line.

Thanks,
Marty Weel

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm looking for some help with UserDocuments created from VB5-SP3.

>I'm trying to create one and then load it up on IE3.02 around our companies
>intranet. So, I created a basic one with a button on it and loading the
.vbd
>file in IE  on my own PC is fine.

>Then I created an "Internet Download setup" using VB's App Setup Wizard.

>However, when I try it on a PC without any VB5 runtime files, loading it
via
>the .htm file the wizard creates the browser doesn't download the runtime
>files and asks what to do with the .vbd file.

>I pointed the wizard to a UNC name for the .cab files and I get varied
>errors. I have had "Wrong Version of Runtime dll" which was the closest to
>working I had!  An IE4 browser said "permission denied" on the .vbd file.

>Are there any micky-mouse guides to this?  (I've tried the one on MSDN and
>can't get it working!!)  Am I doing something obvious someone could spot
>wrong?

>Any help is appreciated.

>Thanks

>Nick

Mon, 22 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 .VBD files and IE - Help!!
I have a couple of working demos on my web site:
http://www.interfold.com/rabit/main_index.htm. Look at either the "Alien
Hunter" game or the "Video Legends" multimedia video demo.

If you have specific problems post them again in this thread or send me some
email. Microsoft has posted resolutions to all of the known issues with
getting active documents working on their knowledge base
http://support.microsoft.com/support/a.asp?M=S. You might want to search
there as well. Use "vbd" as a keyword and see what you get.

Tom

Quote:
>I am having the same problem as many users have described in previous
posts.
>I guess the main question is, has ANYONE done this sucessfully,  including
>BETA testers at Microsoft.  This is not ment to be funny.  I am dead
serious
>and frusterated with this.   We are finishing up  on a project, and the
>hardest thing to do is deploy the control.

>If ANYONE has done this please drop the newgroup a line.

>Thanks,
>Marty Weel

>>Hi,

>>I'm looking for some help with UserDocuments created from VB5-SP3.

>>I'm trying to create one and then load it up on IE3.02 around our
companies
>>intranet. So, I created a basic one with a button on it and loading the
>.vbd
>>file in IE  on my own PC is fine.

>>Then I created an "Internet Download setup" using VB's App Setup Wizard.

>>However, when I try it on a PC without any VB5 runtime files, loading it
>via
>>the .htm file the wizard creates the browser doesn't download the runtime
>>files and asks what to do with the .vbd file.

>>I pointed the wizard to a UNC name for the .cab files and I get varied
>>errors. I have had "Wrong Version of Runtime dll" which was the closest to
>>working I had!  An IE4 browser said "permission denied" on the .vbd file.

>>Are there any micky-mouse guides to this?  (I've tried the one on MSDN and
>>can't get it working!!)  Am I doing something obvious someone could spot
>>wrong?

>>Any help is appreciated.

>>Thanks

>>Nick

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 .VBD files and IE - Help!!
When you use the 'Setup Wizard' specify the 'Use Alternative location' and leave
it blank for 'Rutime Comonents'. Get the relative runtime file CABS from
http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/ and stick them in the same location
on your intranet as your CAB and HTML pages.

By the way do you know how I can set properties in an ActiveX document via HTML
like you do for ActiveX controls? I mean I want to script an ActiveX document.

Cheers,

Rico

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm looking for some help with UserDocuments created from VB5-SP3.

> I'm trying to create one and then load it up on IE3.02 around our companies
> intranet. So, I created a basic one with a button on it and loading the .vbd
> file in IE  on my own PC is fine.

> Then I created an "Internet Download setup" using VB's App Setup Wizard.

> However, when I try it on a PC without any VB5 runtime files, loading it via
> the .htm file the wizard creates the browser doesn't download the runtime
> files and asks what to do with the .vbd file.

> I pointed the wizard to a UNC name for the .cab files and I get varied
> errors. I have had "Wrong Version of Runtime dll" which was the closest to
> working I had!  An IE4 browser said "permission denied" on the .vbd file.

> Are there any micky-mouse guides to this?  (I've tried the one on MSDN and I
> can't get it working!!)  Am I doing something obvious someone could spot
> wrong?

> Any help is appreciated.

> Thanks

> Nick

Tue, 06 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't run VBD files (ActiveX document) in IE

2. IE does not recognize vbd files

3. IE does not recognize vbd files

4. VB5, VBD files, and IE 3 question

5. Access Denied when using a VBD file in IE

6. .vbd shown in IE throws Error

7. VBD document is not loaded automatically from IE

8. VBD document is not loaded automatically from IE

9. VBD document is not loaded automatically from IE

10. I.E. from VB 4 - Instead of a help file

11. Running an ActiveX VBD from IE

12. help I cant see the .VBD file from other pc's only from mine