Ascii Transfer using ITC
Author Message
 Ascii Transfer using ITC

The ITC doesn't support ASCII transfers:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;en-us;Q188956

Quote:
> I need to send a file to anf FTP server in ascii mode, but
> when I run the following command it never stope executing:

> inet1.execute inet1.URL "ASCII"

> I am not positive that that is a valid command for this
> control, but somehow I need to make sure that the file I
> send and get are Ascii. (I was told by the Admin that they
> were getting sent Binary).  Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Kevin

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:45:12 GMT
 Ascii Transfer using ITC
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:36:51 -0800, "Kevin"

Quote:

>I need to send a file to anf FTP server in ascii mode, but
>when I run the following command it never stope executing:

>inet1.execute inet1.URL "ASCII"

>I am not positive that that is a valid command for this
>control, but somehow I need to make sure that the file I
>send and get are Ascii. (I was told by the Admin that they
>were getting sent Binary).  Any help would be appreciated.

Microsoft's Internet Transfer Control does not support ASCII mode
file transfers. For more information, refer to this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q188/9/56.asp

You may want to take a look out the FTP control in our SocketTools
package. We do support binary and text (both ASCII and EBCDIC) file
transfers, and it is generally considered to be both easier to use
and faster than Microsoft's control. You can download a free
evaluation copy from our website at www.catalyst.com

David

----

Catalyst Development Corporation   | application with ActivePatch. Download
http://www.catalyst.com/           | the SDK from www.activepatch.com

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 13:09:27 GMT

1. How do I transfer using ASCII in FTP

2. get unreable text file when using Internet Transfer Control to ftp(get) ascii fi

3. ASCII FTP Using Internet Transfer Control

4. Ftp of ASCII files using Internet transfer Control

5. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

6. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

7. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

8. ASCII vs Binary Transfer in Iternet Transfer Control

9. Pesky ^M's durring ITC Transfer?

10. ASCII ftp transfer

11. FTP ASCII transfer

12. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII FTP