Problem w/complied code
Author Message
 Problem w/complied code

Just recently compiled an app that I'm developing VB5.0

Compiled into EXE file.

When the file is run I am getting a :

"run-time error '11'
Division by Zero"

This I think began to happen after I added some winsock api code to
determine the clients IP.

Anyone has any ideas as to why this would be happening.?

--
Laurent O. F. Fough
Mgr., Web Development

Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem w/complied code

Quote:

> When the file is run I am getting a :

> "run-time error '11'
> Division by Zero"

> This I think began to happen after I added some winsock api code to
> determine the clients IP.

> Anyone has any ideas as to why this would be happening.?

 I have the same problem when I call a function in a DLL that i've
developed with delphi. The problem was in the type of the parameters passed
to the DLL's function.
Due to the Internet code you write call the WINSOCK.DLL try to check the
correct declaration of your function.

Sergio PARIGI

Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem w/complied code

Make sure that all of the variables you are going to use are initialized.
I have noticed that they are not always what you think especially when
compiling to Native.

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem w/complied code

I have the same problem with an application that is basically made of
calls to the Winsock API. If I compile it as P-Code it runs OK. However,
if I compile it as native code it cannot even initialize the library.

Quote:

> Just recently compiled an app that I'm developing VB5.0

> Compiled into EXE file.

> When the file is run I am getting a :

> "run-time error '11'
> Division by Zero"

> This I think began to happen after I added some winsock api code to
> determine the clients IP.

> Anyone has any ideas as to why this would be happening.?

> --
> Laurent O. F. Fough
> Mgr., Web Development
> Carib F/X
> http://www.caribfx.com

Thu, 18 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem w/complied code

You might try compiling to native code but turn of the "Optimize for Speed"
option.
It seems to have "cured" the compile bug I encountered.

e.g. Project/Properties/Compile Tab/Optimize for Small Code

Quote:
> I have the same problem with an application that is basically made of
> calls to the Winsock API. If I compile it as P-Code it runs OK. However,
> if I compile it as native code it cannot even initialize the library.

> > Just recently compiled an app that I'm developing VB5.0

> > Compiled into EXE file.

> > When the file is run I am getting a :

> > "run-time error '11'
> > Division by Zero"

> > This I think began to happen after I added some winsock api code to
> > determine the clients IP.

> > Anyone has any ideas as to why this would be happening.?

> > --
> > Laurent O. F. Fough
> > Mgr., Web Development
> > Carib F/X
> > http://www.caribfx.com

Fri, 19 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem w/complied code

2. Problem w/complied code

3. Can't run a problem coded in vb4.0 when complied in vb5.0

4. Problem adding to collection only when complied, not in IDE

5. ado access problem in complied dll

6. Database loses its complied state

7. Complied for MEE!!

8. Complied DLL causes createobject to fail

9. Difference Runtime and Complied

10. complied reports

11. Make Reports Accessible - to comply with Section 508

12. Referencing object in form in code / Subform reference problem in code