Problem with Internet Control & Minimize
Author Message
 Problem with Internet Control & Minimize

I have a question, and wondered if any of you have seen this before...
I am using the default browser form, and every time when I minimize the
window, I get a system error...  I can close it, and do anything else I
wish, just not minimize it.  The error is "Runtime error 380 - Invalid
Property Value"...  It is all default...  I even removed this form and
recreated it using the default Microsoft browser without modification...

Has anyone seen this, or can help?  It would be very appreciated...

Regards,

Lee

--
---------------------------------
- Lee Stevens                   -

---------------------------------

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with Internet Control & Minimize

A couple of thoughts.  Are you using 3.02?  Or the developer version of
4.0?  Did you try reloading in the internet control dll?  Do you have the
function to minimize the window in your program?  Are there other controls
on the form?

Quote:
> I have a question, and wondered if any of you have seen this before...
> I am using the default browser form, and every time when I minimize the
> window, I get a system error...  I can close it, and do anything else I
> wish, just not minimize it.  The error is "Runtime error 380 - Invalid
> Property Value"...  It is all default...  I even removed this form and
> recreated it using the default Microsoft browser without modification...

Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with Internet Control & Minimize

I had the same problem. It comes because of the way that the form executes
it's resize event

the default:
  cboAddress.Width = Me.ScaleWidth - 100
    brwWebBrowser.Width = Me.ScaleWidth - 100
    brwWebBrowser.Height = Me.ScaleHeight - (picAddress.Top +
picAddress.Height) - 100

when you minimize the Me.ScaleWidth - 100 will be a negative number. Not
allowed. so, you have to force the value always to be positive. What I did
was to insert abs like so:
  cboAddress.Width = abs(Me.ScaleWidth - 100)
    brwWebBrowser.Width = abs(Me.ScaleWidth - 100)
    brwWebBrowser.Height = abs(Me.ScaleHeight - (picAddress.Top +
picAddress.Height) - 100)

Because you are minimizing the window to start with even though this won't
make it perfect, the person will never know because the window has been
minimized.

Walter

Quote:
> I have a question, and wondered if any of you have seen this before...
> I am using the default browser form, and every time when I minimize the
> window, I get a system error...  I can close it, and do anything else I
> wish, just not minimize it.  The error is "Runtime error 380 - Invalid
> Property Value"...  It is all default...  I even removed this form and
> recreated it using the default Microsoft browser without modification...

> Has anyone seen this, or can help?  It would be very appreciated...

> Regards,

> Lee

> --
> ---------------------------------
> - Lee Stevens                   -

> ---------------------------------

Sat, 25 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Internet Controls & Data Controls

2. Problem w/ EXE ActiveX document & Internet Explorer

3. Minimize Internet Downloa

4. Internet Control Pack (aka Internet ActiveX Control)

5. Internet Transfer Control & proxy server authentication

6. Internet Browser Control & Images

7. Internet control & ftp

8. Internet Transfer Control & HTTPS

9. Internet Transfer Control w/ Username & Password

10. WinSock and INET & Internet Controls

11. Internet Transfer Control & HTTP SSL

12. ActiveX control, subclassing & Internet Explorer