Transfering a file trough the local network with visual basic. PLEASE HELP AND READ
Author Message
 Transfering a file trough the local network with visual basic. PLEASE HELP AND READ

Hi,

I am writing a program with Visual Basic 5.0.

The program uses information from a database.
This program is running on 24 computers.
I want to send the database from one computer to the other 24 computers
through the Local network.
I don't want to use the windows properties. I want  to add a button in
Visual basic. If you click on the button the program will send the database
to the other computers.

Does someone know how to do this?

Thanks,

marc van der wielen

prefer to mail me....please help me... I really need this one

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Transfering a file trough the local network with visual basic. PLEASE HELP AND READ
You will have to use WNetAddConnection, connect to each computer individually
(giving it a drive letter) and use FileCopy to send to each computer when
connected.  An alternative is to have all the other computers "reconnect on
logon" so they are always connected to the computer and directory that the
database is in.  Then just write a batch file that copies to the local drive.
You might even put the batch file in the startup menu so it is done
automatically on bootup.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am writing a program with visual basic 5.0.

> The program uses information from a database.
> This program is running on 24 computers.
> I want to send the database from one computer to the other 24 computers
> through the Local network.
> I don't want to use the windows properties. I want  to add a button in
> Visual basic. If you click on the button the program will send the database
> to the other computers.

> Does someone know how to do this?

> Thanks,

> marc van der wielen

> prefer to mail me....please help me... I really need this one

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Transfering a file trough the local network with visual basic. PLEASE HELP AND READ
Question....

Why send the database to 24 similar machines on the same LAN ????  Why not
point them all to the same database in a central location ?

--
Steve Butler
IS Development Analyst

Quote:

>You will have to use WNetAddConnection, connect to each computer
individually
>(giving it a drive letter) and use FileCopy to send to each computer when
>connected.  An alternative is to have all the other computers "reconnect on
>logon" so they are always connected to the computer and directory that the
>database is in.  Then just write a batch file that copies to the local
drive.
>You might even put the batch file in the startup menu so it is done
>automatically on bootup.

>> Hi,

>> I am writing a program with visual basic 5.0.

>> The program uses information from a database.
>> This program is running on 24 computers.
>> I want to send the database from one computer to the other 24 computers
>> through the Local network.
>> I don't want to use the windows properties. I want  to add a button in
>> Visual basic. If you click on the button the program will send the
database
>> to the other computers.

>> Does someone know how to do this?

>> Thanks,

>> marc van der wielen

<--- I
>> prefer to mail me....please help me... I really need this one

Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Transfering a file trough the local network with visual basic. PLEASE HELP AND READ

2. Transfering a file trough the local network with visual basic. PLEASE HELP AND READ

3. Visual Basic & Access (transfering information)

4. Transfering files over Network Script

5. Transfering files from different network terminals

6. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

7. Visual Basic and Network Files

8. Network, exploring the network environment with visual basic?

9. need help visual basic networking

10. I need Help with win95/98 Dial-Up Networking and Visual Basic

11. ***TRANSFERING DATA OVER LPT**PLEASE HELP!!!****

12. Help transfering pictures please!