Inet1.OpenURL - FTP Works, http doesn't
Author Message
 Inet1.OpenURL - FTP Works, http doesn't

I have a strange problem..

I did a test using the command:

    Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL("ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/disclaimer.txt")

It worked fine. When I change it to:

    Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL(" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ")

it doesn't work.

It did work on another machine. Does anyone know of some DLL file that
needs to be changed or something that would cause this to happen and not
work on my machine. I have other winsock programs (netscape, etc) that
work fine.

Thanks in advance,

David Staschover

Wed, 03 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Inet1.OpenURL - FTP Works, http doesn't

Quote:

>I did a test using the command:
>    Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL("ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/disclaimer.txt")
>It worked fine. When I change it to:
>    Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL("http://www.microsoft.com")
>it doesn't work.

<cut>

what happens when it fails?  an error in VB or in IE or just nothing?  Dod
you try it using:
   Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL("http://www.microsoft.com/")

Wed, 03 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Inet1.OpenURL - FTP Works, http doesn't
: >I did a test using the command:
: >    Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL("ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/disclaimer.txt")
: >It worked fine. When I change it to:
: >    Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL("http://www.microsoft.com")
: >it doesn't work.

: <cut>

: what happens when it fails?  an error in VB or in IE or just nothing?  Dod
: you try it using:
:    Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL("http://www.microsoft.com/")

There was no IE.. just a text box.. nothing happened. It just cleared the
text box and finished immediately..

I tried it many different ways, different URL's, with/without the /..

- David

Thu, 04 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Inet1.OpenURL and Inet1.Password?

2. Inet OpenURL doesn't work - help!

3. Inet openURL doesn't work - help!

4. I can't use Inet1 to use the OpenURL method

5. msinet.ocx (VB5 SP3) doesn't work for FTP

6. STOR doesn't work with Winsock control in FTP session

7. fRefreshLinks Doesn't work if path doesn't exist

8. On Error GoTo errHandler for (Inet1.OpenURL) not function,request time out

9. inet1.openurl

10. OpenURL - doesn't open the whole page (?!)

11. VB5, Inet1.OpenURL limited to 65536 bytes?

12. On Error GoTo errHandler for (Inet1.OpenURL) not function,request time out