automate dial-up connection from Vb
Author Message
 automate dial-up connection from Vb

How can i get an auto dial-up connection?

I have to automate dial-up from Vb:
1. start connection
2. create a mail with attached files
3. send mail

I don't know how to get point 1 from Vb?
someone can help me?
thanks.

italy

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 automate dial-up connection from Vb

Quote:

>How can i get an auto dial-up connection?

>I have to automate dial-up from Vb:
>1. start connection
>2. create a mail with attached files
>3. send mail

>I don't know how to get point 1 from Vb?
>someone can help me?
>thanks.

>italy

Try this:

Public Sub ModemCallWin95_98()

Dim WIN
WIN = Shell("rundll32.exe rnaui.dll,RnaDial " & "ConnectName", 1)

End Sub

Public Sub ModemCallWinNT()

Dim NT
NT = Shell("rasphone.exe [-d ConnectName]", 1)

End Sub

- Jani

Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 automate dial-up connection from Vb

Quote:
>How can i get an auto dial-up connection?

>I have to automate dial-up from Vb:
>1. start connection
>2. create a mail with attached files
>3. send mail

>I don't know how to get point 1 from Vb?
>someone can help me?

We have a RAS dialer control as part of our freeware SocketWrench
package, which you can download from our site at
http://www.catalyst.com. Using the control, you can enumerate the
available connectoids, specify alternate phone numbers, usernames and
passwords, etc. The STDIAL sample that's included will demonstrate the
basics of establishing and monitoring the connection, and you should
find it easy to modify from there. You can also use our free
SocketWrench package to create a simple SMTP client.
We include a tutorial that should get you started if
you don't have much experience with TCP/IP programming.
You should also read RFC821 for the commands that you
need to send, and for the response codes sent back from
the server that you'll need to handle. We also have a
commercial package which includes components for SMTP,
POP3 and MIME which would make things considerably
easier to deal with. You can download either
package from our website at http://www.catalyst.com.

We also have a free utility for optimizing dial-up networking
connections. It'll allow you to change the configuration of the
Microsoft stack to give you better performance over the Internet. The
software, and a discussion of how it works, is available from the
SocketTips section of our site.

David

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to automate dial-up connection.

2. How to automate Dial up connection with RAs in Windows95/98

3. Automating a Dialup Networking Connection?

4. Automated Dial Up Connection Required

5. Dialing a Dial-Up Networking connection from VB

6. Dial Ups

7. Dial Ups

8. Default Dial Ups

9. Dial Ups

10. Dial Ups

11. Dial Ups

12. Programmatically change the number of dial ups