Spaces in filenames using ITC and PUT
Author Message
 Spaces in filenames using ITC and PUT

I have problem which you may be able to answer. When using the PUT command
to upload a file (or any of the other file related commands), it only works
when there are no spaces in the filenames or folders. If there is a space in
the filename or path then it does not upload. I can convert to the shortname
feature but there must a way of getting around this with a special chr or
something?

Regards

Andrew

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 03:54:04 GMT
 Spaces in filenames using ITC and PUT
Andrew,

try using %20 instead of space. This usually helps.

Fortune&Glory,
Robert

Quote:
> I have problem which you may be able to answer. When using the PUT command
> to upload a file (or any of the other file related commands), it only
works
> when there are no spaces in the filenames or folders. If there is a space
in
> the filename or path then it does not upload. I can convert to the
shortname
> feature but there must a way of getting around this with a special chr or
> something?

> Regards

> Andrew

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:31:43 GMT
 Spaces in filenames using ITC and PUT

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Spaces in filenames using ITC and PUT
I knew about this limitation - but has anyone had any issues with long or
unusual filenames?

I try to do a PUT on "FC560SL.058.pgp"  I get a good response code back from
the ITC but the file never arrives.

???

Mike

Quote:
> I have problem which you may be able to answer. When using the PUT command
> to upload a file (or any of the other file related commands), it only
works
> when there are no spaces in the filenames or folders. If there is a space
in
> the filename or path then it does not upload. I can convert to the
shortname
> feature but there must a way of getting around this with a special chr or
> something?

> Regards

> Andrew

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:28:24 GMT

1. Spaces in filenames using ITC and PUT

2. Spaces in filenames using ITC and PUT method

3. inetFTP - Put command doesn't transfer filename with spaces

4. ITC PUT using HTTP ot HTTPS

5. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

6. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

7. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

8. ITC - doing http PUT

9. Space in Filename

10. How to use mciSendString with spaces in filename ?

11. Can't play wavs with spaces in filename

12. Problems with %comspec% and filenames with spaces