Reading HTML 
Author Message
 Reading HTML

I have a web browser control that I use to download info from the net. I
want to have it work like somebody really is surfing the net, so it can
do a job such as checking web based email or downloading movie times,
baseball stats, or stock quotes. Presuming that a page's format remains
unchanged, how would the program select specific links (ie the 3rd link
in a page, activate it, be notified when the new page loads so that it
can repeat the process. I have done it currently by using sendkeys
"{TAB}" to my own app, but that is too crude I want to be able to
multitask while my app runs. Also, is there a way to get the HTML source
code for the current page other than by getting the URL and downloading
the URL?

Thanks in advance.
Aaron



Sun, 15 May 2005 10:37:09 GMT  
 Reading HTML
Hi,

Quote:
> unchanged, how would the program select specific links (ie the 3rd link
> in a page, activate it,

acess via the DOM, here the alinks-collection

Quote:
>be notified when the new page loads so that it
> can repeat the process.

DownloadComplete, DocumentComplete, .ReadyState...

Quote:
>I have done it currently by using sendkeys
> "{TAB}" to my own app, but that is too crude I want to be able to
> multitask while my app runs. Also, is there a way to get the HTML source
> code for the current page other than by getting the URL and downloading
> the URL?

If you are using >=IE5, IHTML3-INterfaces,
before (and unchanged in content) IPersist* is hosted by .document

HTH

thomas



Sun, 15 May 2005 16:17:20 GMT  
 Reading HTML
Quote:

> Hi,

>>unchanged, how would the program select specific links (ie the 3rd link
>>in a page, activate it,

> acess via the DOM, here the alinks-collection

This could be done how?

Quote:

>>be notified when the new page loads so that it
>>can repeat the process.

> DownloadComplete, DocumentComplete, .ReadyState...
Sounds good.

>>I have done it currently by using sendkeys
>>"{TAB}" to my own app, but that is too crude I want to be able to
>>multitask while my app runs. Also, is there a way to get the HTML source
>>code for the current page other than by getting the URL and downloading
>>the URL?

> If you are using >=IE5, IHTML3-INterfaces,
> before (and unchanged in content) IPersist* is hosted by .document
What?

> HTH

> thomas

Aaron


Mon, 16 May 2005 11:53:11 GMT  
 Reading HTML



Quote:

> > Hi,

> >>unchanged, how would the program select specific links (ie the 3rd link
> >>in a page, activate it,

> > acess via the DOM, here the alinks-collection
> This could be done how?

.document.alinks.item[n] or .document.alinks[n] if used in a
default-forgiving environment like VB.
Not exactly sure abaout capitalization, look it up.
Quote:

> >>be notified when the new page loads so that it
> >>can repeat the process.

> > DownloadComplete, DocumentComplete, .ReadyState...
> Sounds good.

> >>I have done it currently by using sendkeys
> >>"{TAB}" to my own app, but that is too crude I want to be able to
> >>multitask while my app runs. Also, is there a way to get the HTML source
> >>code for the current page other than by getting the URL and downloading
> >>the URL?

> > If you are using >=IE5, IHTML3-INterfaces,
> > before (and unchanged in content) IPersist* is hosted by .document
> What?

IHTML3-interfaces are not defined in IE4, they have new methods.
IPersistFile and IPersistSteamInit are "Standard"-COM-interfaces,
which are implemented on the .document and can be QueryUnknown() for.

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

> > HTH

> > thomas

> Aaron



Mon, 16 May 2005 16:17:17 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Reading HTML images

2. Read HTML formatted data from database field, Insert Wordmerge fields, and save as Word document

3. Web Control: Read HTML from Frame ???

4. How to read HTML page automatically

5. Reading HTML-tables?

6. Using VB To send and read HTML events?

7. reading HTML from VB5.0

8. Reading HTML Table in VB5

9. How to open/read html files

10. Reading HTML Files in VB4

11. Controls or code to read HTML file in VB4(16bit)

12. How do I read HTML?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software