MSWINSCK.OCX Not Licensed????
Author Message
 MSWINSCK.OCX Not Licensed????

        I just recovered from a major computer crash (Registry??)
using ERD.EXE which restored the registry to the state it was in on
March 18, 1998, which was before I installed VB5.

When I tried to load VB5, I got an error.  I reinstalled VB5 and VB5
service pack 3.  Now, everything works except the control I need most,
MSWINSCK.OCK.  When I try to put it on a form, I get a message stating
"license information for this component not found.  You do not have an
appropriate license to use this functionality in the design
environment."

Any Ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks.

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MSWINSCK.OCX Not Licensed????
Richard,
I had similar troubles with the MSINET.OCX, on your VB5.0 cd the the
tools\controls directory, there is a .REG file that is supposed to
help license the OCX's that come with Visual Basic.

I hope that helps for you, because it didn't for me, and I ended up
having to RE-Format the system, and install VB early on in the
re-instalation process for my particular problem to fix itself.

Does anyone else have a better fix? the registry area where the
license info is stored is just a bunch of serial number garbage!

Hope that helped.

Gorkey
-Reflex Technologies (THG)

Quote:
>    I just recovered from a major computer crash (Registry??)
>using ERD.EXE which restored the registry to the state it was in on
>March 18, 1998, which was before I installed VB5.

>When I tried to load VB5, I got an error.  I reinstalled VB5 and VB5
>service pack 3.  Now, everything works except the control I need most,
>MSWINSCK.OCK.  When I try to put it on a form, I get a message stating
>"license information for this component not found.  You do not have an
>appropriate license to use this functionality in the design
>environment."

>Any Ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks.

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MSWINSCK.OCX Not Licensed????
Yes, I had that problem with the THREED32.OCX control, because another
application wrote its own threed.ocx control to my HD, and, naturally,
I wasn't licensed to use that one..  The solution is to go to  the
\vb5\tools\controls directory on your CDRom, and double-click on the
VBCTRLS.REG file.  This writes license info to the registry for the
following: ANIBTN32.OCX, GAUGE32.OCX, GRAPH32.OCK, GRID32.OCX,
GSW32.OCX, KEYSTA32.OCX, MSOUTL32.OCX SPIN32.OCX, as well as
THREED32.OCX.  Unfortunately, it didn't help my problems with
MSWINSCK.OCX, and, obviously, MSINET.OCX isn't included on that list,
either.

This PC, a 300Mhz pentium 2, has been flaky since I got it in March.
It hangs and I have to press the 'reset' button at least twice a week.
After I recovered from the last Registry disaster (caused by a forced
re-pressing of the reset button), it now won't recognize the network
until I do a "close all programs and log on as a different user".  I
think it's time for a reformat.

Quote:

>Richard,
>I had similar troubles with the MSINET.OCX, on your VB5.0 cd the the
>tools\controls directory, there is a .REG file that is supposed to
>help license the OCX's that come with visual basic.

>I hope that helps for you, because it didn't for me, and I ended up
>having to RE-Format the system, and install VB early on in the
>re-instalation process for my particular problem to fix itself.

>Does anyone else have a better fix? the registry area where the
>license info is stored is just a bunch of serial number garbage!

>Hope that helped.

>Gorkey
>-Reflex Technologies (THG)

>>        I just recovered from a major computer crash (Registry??)
>>using ERD.EXE which restored the registry to the state it was in on
>>March 18, 1998, which was before I installed VB5.

>>When I tried to load VB5, I got an error.  I reinstalled VB5 and VB5
>>service pack 3.  Now, everything works except the control I need most,
>>MSWINSCK.OCK.  When I try to put it on a form, I get a message stating
>>"license information for this component not found.  You do not have an
>>appropriate license to use this functionality in the design
>>environment."

>>Any Ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks.

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mswinsck.ocx and runtime licensing

2. Licensing mswinsck.ocx?

3. Licensing Issues with mswinsck.ocx and others...

4. using mswinsck.ocx works on some PCs and on some not

5. mswinsck.ocx works on some PCs and on some not

6. MSWINSCK.OCX ...not correctly registered (WIN2000)

7. MSwinsck.ocx does not function correct...

8. MSWINSCK.OCX Not available in design mode......

9. license not found: you do not have a license to use this activeX object

10. MSINET.OCX and MSWINSCK.OCX....Please help!

11. Help Pls, License not found: MS Mask.ocx

12. Ocx Not licensed for use at design time